Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I'm starting to see that people want Martinez to take an unnecessary risk. Why does Sergio have to move up to 168, when he can simply move down to 154 instead? If anything, you should be saying that Chavez is the one who should be at SMW, since he's the one consistently re-hydrating above the LHW limit. Chavez has the belt that Martinez was stripped of, why wouldn't he want to fight him? He's in his weight class, has a belt, and represents a good pay-day. I'm hoping Murray beats Chavez so much, cuz Murray has already stated that he would plan to fight Sergio after he beats JCC.

Andre Ward already has competition at his weight class, there's no legitimate reason for them to fight imho.
    Then why doesn't he move down to 154? This is like people b*tching about Manny not "having to go to 140." Manny get **** for it, but it's ok for Sergio because... He hasn't fought at 154 in nearly 3 years, about when Manny fought Hatton, so I guess Manny is a Jr. WW too? I could care less if Sergio moves up or down, but just do one or the other, jesus. He says he is too small for 168 but kills himself to make 150... this while weighing 157 on a meat and potato diet. If 168 too big and 150 too small then he is where he should be and STFU.

Comment

All he needs is a few Ariza shakes and he'll be good to go.

Comment

Bigger Payday... plus JCC Jr. is easier than them

Comment

Dibella is clearly operating by a double standard. Sergio wants the paydays and dibella is chasing those. he tries to justify his actions with some chop logic- like all promoters- but he is without doubt something of a hypocrite
          regarding match making for martinez

would love to see martinez vs bute or ward at 164

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Then why doesn't he move down to 154? This is like people b*tching about Manny not "having to go to 140." Manny get **** for it, but it's ok for Sergio because... He hasn't fought at 154 in nearly 3 years, about when Manny fought Hatton, so I guess Manny is a Jr. WW too? I could care less if Sergio moves up or down, but just do one or the other, jesus. He says he is too small for 168 but kills himself to make 150... this while weighing 157 on a meat and potato diet. If 168 too big and 150 too small then he is where he should be and STFU.
            That "meat and potatoes" line by Dibella only gave people more ammo lol. Supposedly he can't make 168, but saying this just makes it sound like he can.

Sergio has maintained that he wants Floyd at 150, I wish he wasn't so stupid and desperate to do so, but he has. He'll do whatever at this point. I wish he would be focusing on cleaning out 160 first, but now he's just looking for the big $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Sergio walks around at about 180lbs....his fight night weight the other night was 170lbs.

He is too small for Ward & Bute?
              Sergio walks around around 175-176 and his fight night weight was not 170, but around 165. Ward is heavier on the scales than Martinez on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                What sense does this make? Is he afraid of Ward & Butes boxing skill?
                martinez wants to stick to 160 pounds and fight the best in his division nothing wrong with that is there? its not his fault that the second best guy behind him is chavez jr who just so happens to rehydrate to 180 - 185 IBs after the weigh in so how is that martinez fault?

as for ward/bute who cares about them right now in terms of martinez next opponent they are both in another weight division which is higher and should stick to that division for now instead of wanting to fight a guy from a lower weight division....unless martinez decides to move up then that is another story
                Last edited by BritishBoxing92; 03-19-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post

They are WAITING FOR YOU ***AVILLA!

And, this will be concluding our thread, ladies and gentlemen. . .

Comment

money

what dont you get lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post

They are WAITING FOR YOU ***AVILLA!
                      In that case, these guys are waiting for Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X