Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitriy Salita Promotions? Is This A Joke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmitriy Salita Promotions? Is This A Joke?

First of all no disrespect to Dmitriy Salita I think he seems like a nice enough guy, But for him to launch his own promotion company I think is a little far-fetched, DLH got away with it because he was a very very established fighter and PPV king of his time, A modern legend. Roy Jones Junior and his Square Ring promotions despite RJJ career has never really taken off, I dont see how Dmitriy Salita think's that his promotion company will ever be a sucess. Dmitriy Salita, With respect to him but what has he done or achieved in boxing that gives him the confidence to think he can use his "name" to start a promotions company?

Even if he was a better businessman than a boxer, Dmitriy Salita would still be swimming with the sharks like Bob Arum, Don King, and Gary Shaw who would take Salita to school and back. I dont know what the future holds for Dmitriy Salita I dont think he will ever win a world title, I think his promotion company is for amateur fighters? Does this guy really think he can start his own promotion company and be successful?

The kid has friends in high places. ****, Seinfeld was at his fight. Let him have his fun.

It's nothing more than a novelty/vanity project, like his career.

Comment

if Amir Khan can launch his own promotions company then why not

Comment

If he fights in Brooklyn, it sounds like a good business idea. He's a Jew after all. (Not racist. There are Jews in Brooklyn if you were unaware.)

Comment

Star of David Promotions: We answer to a higher authority

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
            First of all no disrespect to Dmitriy Salita I think he seems like a nice enough guy, But for him to launch his own promotion company I think is a little far-fetched, DLH got away with it because he was a very very established fighter and PPV king of his time, A modern legend. Roy Jones Junior and his Square Ring promotions despite RJJ career has never really taken off, I dont see how Dmitriy Salita think's that his promotion company will ever be a sucess. Dmitriy Salita, With respect to him but what has he done or achieved in boxing that gives him the confidence to think he can use his "name" to start a promotions company?

Even if he was a better businessman than a boxer, Dmitriy Salita would still be swimming with the sharks like Bob Arum, Don King, and Gary Shaw who would take Salita to school and back. I dont know what the future holds for Dmitriy Salita I dont think he will ever win a world title, I think his promotion company is for amateur fighters? Does this guy really think he can start his own promotion company and be successful?

Most of the time these kinds of companies are just a way for a fighter to exert some level of control over their own career. All Damitriy Salita promotions will do, is co-promote his fights, same as Amir Khan promotions.

Comment

M.r. T is interviewing him. Looks like he threw away all of his chains and let his hair grow a bit. Good for him, doing boxing interviews now.

Comment

We have Canelo promotions (he hasn't done shit) so anyone can make his own promoting company.

Comment

Working...
                X