No announcement yet.

Hardest workers in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest workers in history

which fighters took hard work to a new level?

This is a tough question since almost all champions are hard workers.

Rocky Marciano has a rep, but angelo dundee says basilio trained harder. Basilio has quite a rep.

I'd also give any old champ who pickled their face into leather to prevent cuts the benefit of the doubt.

micky ward stayed @ 140 his entire career... (correct me if im wrong)

with all the usual "i cant make ______ pounds anymore prevalent from most contemporary fighters, this only goes to show how a hard worker ward was...

Comment

mickey ward may have been a hard worker, but I don't give any points to staying at a certain weight. Fedor works hard and he's chubby.

All we're talking about is hard work. I heard Floyd Mayweather works 14 hours a day, though I haven't had that confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by glidesmack View Post
        mickey ward may have been a hard worker, but I don't give any points to staying at a certain weight. Fedor works hard and he's chubby.

All we're talking about is hard work. I heard Floyd Mayweather works 14 hours a day, though I haven't had that confirmed.
        Glen Johnson and Bernard Hopkins. Look at the incredible shape they are in for such an advanced age

Comment

In history it's easily Rocky Marciano. Stayed in superb shape his entire career which is the reason for his weight and stamina.

Comment

Marvin Hagler?

Comment

Those are good answers.

It's a tough thing to gauge because a ton of professionals work their asses off. You hear about something crazy then it turns out a number of other guys do the same thing.

I think it comes down to a combination of intensity and duration.

Comment

You can't knock Calzaghe's workrate. For a guy in his mid-thirties to be able to output 1,000+ punches per fight it takes tremendous fitness, will-to-win and ultimate dedication to training.

Comment

Marciano has a reputation as the most fanatically trained ever. Hagler has to be close though. Hopkins and Mayweather from recent times.

Comment

good point about calzaghe, something he probably doesn't get enough credit for.

Comment

Working...
                    X