No announcement yet.

Golovkin v Fuchigami...erm...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin v Fuchigami...erm...

....when is Golovkin going to fight someone that could actually you know...be a viable challenger?

Makoto Fuchigami is ranked #9 by the WBA due to 1 win (a 9th round TKO over Koji Sato)...a bit of a sham title reign by the Kazakh so far for me.

Let's look at the other names on the WBA rankings, shall we?

Andy Lee has a fight lined up
    Martin Murray has a date lined up
    Zbik just came off a tough loss to Sturm
    Kerry Hope is gonna fight Proksa again
    Peter Quillin has a fight lined up
    Julien Sainte has no fight lined up
    Jorge Navarro is coming off of a fight that he had last week
    ........and then we got Fuchigami. Boxrec has him rated #15, while Sainte is rated #27.

Golovkin is just having a stay-busy fight, and the best one available to him.

Comment

When somebody actually steps up to fight him. You don't hear anybody calling him out

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Let's look at the other names on the WBA rankings, shall we?

Andy Lee has a fight lined up
        Martin Murray has a date lined up
        Zbik just came off a tough loss to Sturm
        Kerry Hope is gonna fight Proksa again
        Peter Quillin has a fight lined up
        Julien Sainte has no fight lined up
        Jorge Navarro is coming off of a fight that he had last week
        ........and then we got Fuchigami. Boxrec has him rated #15, while Sainte is rated #27.

Golovkin is just having a stay-busy fight, and the best one available to him.
        ...so what were the excuses for Simon (who was 2-3 in the last 3 years) or Nunez? or Ouma?...

Comment

Originally posted by kebark View Post
          ...so what were the excuses for Simon (who was 2-3 in the last 3 years) or Nunez? or Ouma?...
          I have no idea lol. Honestly, it doesn't seem like any of the top guys are clamoring to get in the ring with him, but this time around, no top guy is really available. At least Golovkin is racking up the stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I have no idea lol. Honestly, it doesn't seem like any of the top guys are clamoring to get in the ring with him, but this time around, no top guy is really available. At least Golovkin is racking up the stoppages.
            Whilst none of the top guys are calling him out..I can't remember the last time I read him calling anyone out. To get the big fights he's going to have go stateside (Martinez, Lee, Quillen, Chavez) or Russia (Pirog) or be worth traveling to. It's all fine to say no one is calling him out but he's high risk low reward and not doing anything to entice worth while opponents by stopping the likes of Nunez, Ouma, Simon and Fuchigami...

Comment

Whilst none of the top guys are calling him out..I can't remember the last time I read him calling anyone out. To get the big fights he's going to have go stateside (Martinez, Lee, Quillen, Chavez) or Russia (Pirog) or be worth traveling to. It's all fine to say no one is calling him out but he's high risk low reward and not doing anything to entice worth while opponents by stopping the likes of Nunez, Ouma, Simon and Fuchigami...
              What can he really do to entice worth? All he can do is show he's dangerous by beating everybody that faces him.
              Even if he beats top opposition, it won't change his position as a high risk-low reward fighter.... it'll actually increase his risk factor.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                What can he really do to entice worth? All he can do is show he's dangerous by beating everybody that faces him.
                Even if he beats top opposition, it won't change his position as a high risk-low reward fighter.... it'll actually increase his risk factor.
                Entice worth by getting a fan base. Fighting in obscure places with no Americans watching won't help him. If he can land himself in the US put on an eye catching performance and build a fan base of there fans will clamour to see him in bigger and better fights. He could likely get a Rubio in the ring and build from that. It'll build the risk but their will be a reward "hey he's the guy who's knocking people out quick fire on undercards...I want to see him v Chavez"

Comment

Entice worth by getting a fan base. Fighting in obscure places with no Americans watching won't help him. If he can land himself in the US put on an eye catching performance and build a fan base of there fans will clamour to see him in bigger and better fights. He could likely get a Rubio in the ring and build from that. It'll build the risk but their will be a reward "hey he's the guy who's knocking people out quick fire on undercards...I want to see him v Chavez"
                  That's not really up to him though. If he can get to the US then that'd help.

Comment

Working...
                  X