Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell does Ortiz/Salita/Khan deserve title shots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell does Ortiz/Salita/Khan deserve title shots?

What have any of them do other than fight b class opponents? I feel like they are all still a little green, especially khan, who has never even fought at 140.

there are plenty of opponents for them to prove themselves against, without a title shot:
    Zab Judah
    Both Hattons
    Nate Campbell
    Ricardo Torres
    Kendall Holt
    Demitrius Hopkins
    Paulie Malignaggi
    Juinor Witter
    Vivian Harris
    and even other prospects like:
    Lamont Peterson
    Devon Alexander

The point is there are many fights that can be made to test the prospects in this packed division. And the question is why skip these and jump to the title shot?

Whats the deal with this bogus ass match making? I think there are to many paper champs in boxing, and most mandatory defenes are jokes. Your thoughts?

I agree with you on Salita and Khan but not with Ortiz.
    Ortiz deserve a title shot after he KO Maussa in 1 round!

Comment

I know what your saying, n i agree in a way....

but saying that...if khan wins, will you say he didnt deserve the shot? lets say he beats the champ...then he deserves the belt for beating the guy...

why dont all these fighters you have named beat the guy khans facing (cnt spell his name lol) and get the belt instead...or at least let them try to get a match up with him if they want the belt so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
        I know what your saying, n i agree in a way....

but saying that...if khan wins, will you say he didnt deserve the shot? lets say he beats the champ...then he deserves the belt for beating the guy...

why dont all these fighters you have named beat the guy khans facing (cnt spell his name lol) and get the belt instead...or at least let them try to get a match up with him if they want the belt so bad.
        okay im glad you said that. Wo is this champ? a champion is suppose to be well known man. He got a vacant title man, he doesnt deserve it either.

Not to say he isnt a good fighter, but it seems like boxing commissions are throwing titles out like floyd does money.....

Comment

Judah hasn't fought at 140 in a while, Ricky Hatton just got knocked out, Matthew Hatton isn't even that good a domestic level boxer (no offense) and he fights at 147 , Campbell hasn't fought at 140 but there have been talks of him fighting Bradley, Torres seems to be fighting at 147, Holt is involved in legal troubles, Hopkins is scheduled to have a comeback fight in a couple of months, Malignaggi is fighting Alvarado, Witter is fighting Alexander for the vacant WBC title, no idea what Harris is doing, he isn't really relevant at 140 anymore, should have gotten knocked out in his last fight, he got a loooooong count, Peterson's management seems to be moving him quite slowly, not really calling for a title shot yet, for Alexander, see above.

I don't have a problem with Ortiz or Khan getting title shots at 140 considering what the others are doing, Salita on the other hand is a little iffy.

Comment

It's called business and management. Khan is a bigger money maker than all the bolded

Zab Judah
            Both Hattons
            Nate Campbell
            Ricardo Torres
            Kendall Holt
            Demitrius Hopkins

Paulie Malignaggi
            Juinor Witter
            Vivian Harris
            Lamont Peterson
            Devon Alexander
            Ortiz
            Salita

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              Judah hasn't fought at 140 in a while, Ricky Hatton just got knocked out, Matthew Hatton isn't even that good a domestic level boxer (no offense) and he fights at 147 , Campbell hasn't fought at 140 but there have been talks of him fighting Bradley, Torres seems to be fighting at 147, Holt is involved in legal troubles, Hopkins is scheduled to have a comeback fight in a couple of months, Malignaggi is fighting Alvarado, Witter is fighting Alexander for the vacant WBC title, no idea what Harris is doing, he isn't really relevant at 140 anymore, should have gotten knocked out in his last fight, he got a loooooong count, Peterson's management seems to be moving him quite slowly, not really calling for a title shot yet, for Alexander, see above.

I don't have a problem with Ortiz or Khan getting title shots at 140 considering what the others are doing, Salita on the other hand is a little iffy.
              thats what im saying, there is no rush. i think that if you want to be champ, beat enough people so that nno one will doubt you whn you get that title ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
                It's called business and management. Khan is a bigger money maker than all the bolded

Zab Judah
                Both Hattons
                Nate Campbell
                Ricardo Torres
                Kendall Holt
                Demitrius Hopkins

Paulie Malignaggi
                Juinor Witter
                Vivian Harris
                Lamont Peterson
                Devon Alexander
                Ortiz
                Salita
                sooooooo. Most, no, all of the bolded would ktfo khan

Comment

Originally posted by mr.raines21 View Post
                  thats what im saying, there is no rush. i think that if you want to be champ, beat enough people so that nno one will doubt you whn you get that title ya know?
                  I don't have a problem with it, Ortiz is ready IMO, he beat a tough guy on paper in his last fight in Arnaoutis, no one had blown him out like that, including the likes of Torres and Holt.

As for Khan, well, money talks. Is he more deserving than some of the guys on that list? No. But he brings money to the table.

As I said, Salita is iffy. He doesn't deserve that number 1 ranking and I don't consider him a top 140 pounder but there have been worst and more undeserving number 1 contenders before and there will be in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    I don't have a problem with it, Ortiz is ready IMO, he beat a tough guy on paper in his last fight in Arnaoutis, no one had blown him out like that, including the likes of Torres and Holt.

As for Khan, well, money talks. Is he more deserving than some of the guys on that list? No. But he brings money to the table.

As I said, Salita is iffy. He doesn't deserve that number 1 ranking and I don't consider him a top 140 pounder but there have been worst and more undeserving number 1 contenders before and there will be in the future.
                    i like ortiz alot, but i still think hes a little green. If he beats someone like paulie, he should get the shot imo

Comment

Working...
                    X