Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I've been summoned for jury duty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They started harassing me with phone calls and threats about my licence and school after the 3rd notice, i think. It was a government job and they said something about me not being allowed to work or some crap, this as almost 4 years ago

Comment

Had Jury Duty last year (Have to do it in England or you get fined) was there for 2 weeks, only got 1 case which lasted 4 days if I remember right, lucky me got an **** Rape case, no **** .

Was easy work, everyone is in a big room just reading or on their phone, when a case is opened they read names randomly and if you're chosen you're stuck on that case but quite a few people never even got chosen for any case in the 2 weeks they was there, still everything is fully paid for, travel, food etc and you get paid hourly what you get at work, too sit around and do **** all really.

Was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I'm to report to the Sheriff's office for registration tomorrow, and the trial starts February 27th.

Anybody here have experience with it in the past?
        It's just a ploy to get you to show up so they can arrest you. Ever see "Sea of Love"??

But if this is a serious question and you still want some advice, I've sat on two different trials... one was one day, the other was 2 weeks. Been called numerous times and usually is settled out of court the day before the trial. Recently got polled for a trial that they didn't take a plea in, and I never even got called on before they chose the first 25 people to interview further so I was released within hours. It varies with each case.
        Last edited by Lorily; 01-26-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Back in 2003 I got the notice. It said to pick for which you're available. So I picked the week after finals and sent it in (I was still in college at the time) I figured I'd have some time between semesters. Those turds told me to go in the week OF finals. I call and tell them that I don't care what they do, I am not going during finals week. So they say fine, they'll resend the notice.

Same thing again, next semester. I pick the week after finals, they pick the week OF finals. I never followed through after that and haven't heard from them since.

Fuck them. I'll never go.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Back in 2003 I got the notice. It said to pick for which you're available. So I picked the week after finals and sent it in (I was still in college at the time) I figured I'd have some time between semesters. Those turds told me to go in the week OF finals. I call and tell them that I don't care what they do, I am not going during finals week. So they say fine, they'll resend the notice.

Same thing again, next semester. I pick the week after finals, they pick the week OF finals. I never followed through after that and haven't heard from them since.

Fuck them. I'll never go.
            sometimes in life, the show must go on...

Comment

....wrong thread.....

Comment

....right thread.....

Comment

I have been called in a couple times and when I am I send a note on how my business is important to several businesses and if I close down for a day they will all have to close down for a day. They have excused me each time.

Comment

Working...
                  X