No announcement yet.

What happened to Joshua Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    He is in a position where there is no demand/interest in seeing him, he's not ranked by the sanctioning bodies, and he's too risky of a fight to take for an up-and-comer just to get his name on their resume. Remember, Clottey kicked Judah's ass and also beat the hell out of Cotto, who escaped with a SD.

The champions at 154 wont fight him unless they have to. Personally I'd be interested to see Canelo-Clottey, but the GBP/TR feud would prevent that. There is no reason for any name fighter to face him until he has climbed his way back up the rankings.
    Valid points man.
    Looks liked Clottey's in a ****ed up situation.
    Sounds like he has put his pride aside and fight some club level opposition for awhile to work his way back up. I think on his name alone he could do could break into some sanstioning bodie's top 10 relatively quickly and MAYBE, MAYBE get into a mandatory position or maybe fight for a vacant belt.
    I hate to see him more or less give up because of his current situation, he's a pretty talented guy.
    also, even if GBP/TR weren't fueding GBP probably wouldn't be interested in Canelo-Clottey unless Clottey showed some obvious decline. I'm not knocking Canelo btw.

Comment

June 1st @GMASTERCLOTTEY
      I am hungry nobody can stop me all i need is the chance which nobody wanna give me. i know my time will come again with allah watch over me

This is why fighters have to take advantage of their chances when they get him. He had Cotto beat, but took his foot off the gas and thought he could coast to a decision. He stood in front of Pacmac waiting all night for an opening that didn't come.

I like Clottey but no one owes him ****. He needs to get on some undercards and work his way back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
        It's sad because you could tell that was just a butthurt response by him.
        "Pacquiao is just a normal fighter...", Joshua Clottey said.

"I lost to him because I have to lose that day...", he continued.

That's some Juanma type **** right there. Except Clottey's brains weren't knock out of his eye sockets.

Comment

Bob paid him enough to throw the fight with Manny and he has been living off that since..

Comment

Well he spill the beans when he was suppose to shut his mouth, Now he has to suffer the consequences with Arum lol, He was on facebook sending his fellow countrymen messages on how he had no choice in the outcome of the fight, How he has a daughter to feed etc and this only arise after he was critise by his fellow countrymen for folding in a fight where they thought he would do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
              Arum totally disowned him after Clottey implied that the Pac fight was thrown fight.
              Please stop inventing theories--you have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
              X