No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Sounds to me like his manager wants Canelo to fight the best available and he seems to think that is Trout. GBP are like TR 2.0 with their protection mentality.
    you don't say the guy has "legal problems" just because he was arrested for public intoxication on new years eve. it comes off bad, especially when your promoter was saying the fight "probably won't happen" without giving any real reason why, before his so called "legal problems". i like alvarez. he's very good fighter but you can't keep beating up on past their prime fighters and jr. welterweights and expect true boxing fans to acknowledge you. team alvarez had no problem signing josesito lopez to a contract after he ruined their ortiz plans. they had paper work outside of the locker room. i don't think team alvarez is afraid of trout but i do believe they're scared of what he can do to their future mayweather plans.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
      Sorry brotha, but you need to think a bit harder. Have you never heard of the Canelo curse? Canelo was scheduled to fight a very tricky and dangerous Paul Williams, then Victor Ortiz then Miguel Cotto. For circumstances out of his control, these fights fell through. So, how are these 3 guys not "legit"? Please explain...
      you missed the point of my post badly. My point was/is that the Mexican boxing fans should be demanding that Canelo fight a credible challenger. All of the fighters I mentioned (Sanchez, Chavez Sr, Zarate, Berrera, etc) made the proud Mexican boxing culture what it is by fighting every willing contender within their weight limits. Everytime a Mexican boxing fan (like yourself) makes excuses for Canelos pathetic opposition you are pizzing all over what these men have accomplished.

As far as the rest of your post, Canelo curse? Pure bull$h1t! The Williams/Ortiz/Cotto angle is crap. You don't get credit for coulda, woulda, shoulda. Williams,I'll give ya,tragic. Cotto, of course they were willing, big money. Ortiz? A welterwight for 2 fights and you wanna claim him as a credible challenger? And of course he never fought any of them anyway. Using GBP own logic for challengers, Josito Lopes upset Ortiz (the guy they wanted to fight), there its credible for Canelo to defend the 154lb belt vs a career 140lb fringe contender, but when Trout upset Cotto, the same logic doesn't apply and they want no part of Trout, and Mexican fans like you give him a pass, once again pizzing all over what the great Mexican boxers of the past have done. By the way, JMM totally agrees with me.

There's nothing you or anyone else can do to convince me that team Canelo couldn't have found a more credible challenger for Canelo than a career 140 lb fringe contender.

I could see giving Canelo a pass or two, but 6 world title fights and not one credible challenger yet

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        you missed the point of my post badly. My point was/is that the Mexican boxing fans should be demanding that Canelo fight a credible challenger. There's nothing you or anyone else can do to convince me that team Canelo couldn't have found a more credible challenger for Canelo than a career 140 lb fringe contender.
        Let me address your points one by one:

-My point was/is that the Mexican boxing fans should be demanding that Canelo fight a credible challenger -- No argument here, both fan and foe agree it's time for Canelo to step up. Trust me, there is nothing more I would like than to see Trout v. Canelo. So that when Canelo KO's Trout the critics will be silenced.

-Everytime a Mexican boxing fan (like yourself) makes excuses for Canelos pathetic opposition you are pizzing all over what these men have accomplished. -- Canelo too was in line to fight 3 tough fights in Williams, Ortiz and Cotto. These guys were/are a threat and dangerous. Also, Not one of the Mexican legends you outlined became World Champions at age 21 - let's take a step back and see the whole picture. Canelo's entire career is ahead of him, this kid is not going away.

-As far as the rest of your post, Canelo curse? Pure bull$h1t! The Williams/Ortiz/Cotto angle is crap. You don't get credit for coulda, woulda, shoulda. -- Canelo's curse was not dubbed by me, but I completely disagree with your statement of "you dont get credit for coulda, woulda, shoulda" for the simple fact that it was not Canelo's fault. William = Tragedy, Oritz = Broken Jaw and Cotto = Lost. You still got to give the kid credit for trying to "step up" and continue the "proud Mexican boxing culture" in facing these guys. Sure, they are no Mayweather or Pacquio, but they are still legit fighters.

-Cotto, of course they were willing, big money -- wow, you don't think Cotto is a great and dangerous fighter? Really? Dude is arguably a HOF.

-Ortiz? A welterwight for 2 fights and you wanna claim him as a credible challenger -- doesn't take away from the fact that he is fast and has power, that combo = danger. I would even venture to say that if, and it's a huge if, Ortiz wasn't such a teddy bear he would be more dangerous than pillow-fisted Trout.

-Using GBP own logic for challengers -- 100% agree with you. But it's not Canelo's fault for not landing the big fights. It's GBP for not making those fights. I can't knock on Canelo for not "facing high level" opposition when he tried before, but it didn't happen.

My biggest issue with your post is saying that you don't understand how Mexican fans can follow Canelo, that he is a coward and ducks. I am arguing, and hopefully I just outlined why that is untrue. Canelo was in line to take on tough fights. This shows that he does in reality, want the challenge. Not having a title defense in 6 bouts is horrible, really is, let's face it though that is Gangster Don Jose Saluiman and the wrenched WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
          Let me address your points one by one:

-My point was/is that the Mexican boxing fans should be demanding that Canelo fight a credible challenger -- No argument here, both fan and foe agree it's time for Canelo to step up. Trust me, there is nothing more I would like than to see Trout v. Canelo. So that when Canelo KO's Trout the critics will be silenced.

-Everytime a Mexican boxing fan (like yourself) makes excuses for Canelos pathetic opposition you are pizzing all over what these men have accomplished. -- Canelo too was in line to fight 3 tough fights in Williams, Ortiz and Cotto. These guys were/are a threat and dangerous. Also, Not one of the Mexican legends you outlined became World Champions at age 21 - let's take a step back and see the whole picture. Canelo's entire career is ahead of him, this kid is not going away.

-As far as the rest of your post, Canelo curse? Pure bull$h1t! The Williams/Ortiz/Cotto angle is crap. You don't get credit for coulda, woulda, shoulda. -- Canelo's curse was not dubbed by me, but I completely disagree with your statement of "you dont get credit for coulda, woulda, shoulda" for the simple fact that it was not Canelo's fault. William = Tragedy, Oritz = Broken Jaw and Cotto = Lost. You still got to give the kid credit for trying to "step up" and continue the "proud Mexican boxing culture" in facing these guys. Sure, they are no Mayweather or Pacquio, but they are still legit fighters.

-Cotto, of course they were willing, big money -- wow, you don't think Cotto is a great and dangerous fighter? Really? Dude is arguably a HOF.

-Ortiz? A welterwight for 2 fights and you wanna claim him as a credible challenger -- doesn't take away from the fact that he is fast and has power, that combo = danger. I would even venture to say that if, and it's a huge if, Ortiz wasn't such a teddy bear he would be more dangerous than pillow-fisted Trout.

-Using GBP own logic for challengers -- 100% agree with you. But it's not Canelo's fault for not landing the big fights. It's GBP for not making those fights. I can't knock on Canelo for not "facing high level" opposition when he tried before, but it didn't happen.

My biggest issue with your post is saying that you don't understand how Mexican fans can follow Canelo, that he is a coward and ducks. I am arguing, and hopefully I just outlined why that is untrue. Canelo was in line to take on tough fights. This shows that he does in reality, want the challenge. Not having a title defense in 6 bouts is horrible, really is, let's face it though that is Gangster Don Jose Saluiman and the wrenched WBC.
          AHUEVO, good post, and you certainly are informed and not a nuthugger

Some thoughts/disagreements: do me a favor, when Canelo/Trout threads start pull for the fight and don't make excuses for Canelo

None of my boxing heroes were champions at 21, but I'm still old school and believe that as a champion fight a champions resume or give up the belt. I know belts shouldn't matter but they give fighters prestige and earning power and its not fair deserving contenders get shut out of that prestige and earning power because Canelo is still "developing"

I still think a defence vs a ww/jww Ortiz is a bytch move for a 154lb contender and you're trying to put a feather in Canelos cap for it? A defense vs a jww J Lopes is even more of a bytch move

I never said Mexican boxing fans shouldn't follow Canelo, I said that they should'nt defend his reluctance to fight credible challengers and I never said Canelo was a coward, a ducker yes but I never called him a coward. As far as I'm concerned the only credible challenger ever had a real intentions of fighting was Williams.

I'm still puzzled as to why GBP will let Abner Mares fight any contender at his weight but won't let Canelo fight even one. Perhaps they see something in Mares they don't see in Canelo

6 title fights and not one credible challenger yet. You can put blame on GBP and the vile scum at the WBC and there's certainly some truth in that, but at some point the tail don't wag the dog. If I was Canelo, I would be screaming at Shaefer and Oscar to get me Trout on May4

Comment

I think most of the Mexican champions mentioned by Boxing Bob became titlists when there were only two belts, maybe three. That is, they probably had to earn it by fighting top tier opponents. It took more time.

I'm too lazy to confirm this, but Canelo became a champion at 21 by beating Matthew Hatton for a vacated green belt. Since then he has not faced a top 5 JMW. This is not how a champion should represent the sport.

I realize why GBP is coddling his career, but this type of crap damages boxing's credibility. It's short-sighted and plain greedy on the part of promoters to perpetuate this business model. It's a symptom of a lack of vision in today's boxing leaders. They cannot see that mandating truly compelling match ups amongst the best fighters creates a platform for a consistent product, a larger fan base, and therefore bigger revenues in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
              Trout takes the Cinnamon Roll to School, and GBP knows better than to let El Trucho,
              Expose their Golden Bull!!!
              Not Ruling Trout Out, but he can't be Ruled In either...No Way Jose!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alembic View Post
                I think most of the Mexican champions mentioned by Boxing Bob became titlists when there were only two belts, maybe three. That is, they probably had to earn it by fighting top tier opponents. It took more time.

I'm too lazy to confirm this, but Canelo became a champion at 21 by beating Matthew Hatton for a vacated green belt. Since then he has not faced a top 5 JMW. This is not how a champion should represent the sport.

I realize why GBP is coddling his career, but this type of crap damages boxing's credibility. It's short-sighted and plain greedy on the part of promoters to perpetuate this business model. It's a symptom of a lack of vision in today's boxing leaders. They cannot see that mandating truly compelling match ups amongst the best fighters creates a platform for a consistent product, a larger fan base, and therefore bigger revenues in the long run.
                good post, and totally agree

Comment

what legal issues???? all charges. dropped dude! its funny but if there were time Trout & team could sue the crap outa EL PASO PD!..., not good promo excuse GBOY

Comment

Salvador Sanchez was champion at 20!!! Canelo got nothing on him. Fight Trout man up!

Comment

Working...
                    X