No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    gamboa is another hyped up to the heavens cuban who nsb thinks is the second coming despite not having beaten anybody of note.

see rigondeaux.
    Salido and Ponce De Leon are nobodies?

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Still remember that time when everyone was sold on Abraham and very few picked Dirrell to beat him, I was one of the few that felt strongly that AA didn't have a shot, I feel the same way about this fight, people think it's some great match up when it's not. Gamboa is great, but it's not so much his height, his reach is a serious problem as well, as is his style. People are quickly assuming that his speed and power will translate at 135 but lets assume that it does, his in and out style wouldn't work. Broner is quick to pull the trigger, he's a great counter puncher as well and I personally don't think Gamboa will be able to handle that combination of speed and power. As soon as Gamboa jumps in, which he'll have to, Broner will line him up with straight right hands down the middle.
    I also predicted Dirrell would school AA and I was one of the few who picked Froch to outbox AA as well. Doesn't mean anything in regards to Gamboa/Broner though.

Gamboa doesn't attack at a predictable rhythm so Broner won't be able to counter him easily. His awkwardness would make Broner very uncomfortable. Broner is very stiff when he fights, almost robotic at times while Gamboa is very fluid, he can change his rhythm and improvise. That's gonna be a problem for Da Problem.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Ppl on this site love to underestimate the importance of size. I'll never get why.
    I think my sig might help you understand why.

Comment

Size? What size?

Comment

Gamboa should win, depends on how the time off has been. Gamboa has still been working out and looked in top shape the other day. They should fight in a couple of years if they are both still undefeated, until then there are better match-ups for Broner at 135 and 140. Gamboa would need to move up in weight and test the water first. As long as they both fight good quality opponents, I would be happy.

Comment

I think Broner is just too big for Gamboa. Even if Gamboa was the better fighter Broner would overpower him.

Comment

If Gamboa hits as hard as his opponents claim then I think Gamboa stops him before Broner can stop him... Broner has good defense but he will fight and does get hi clean. He's been sturdy so far but hasn lt fought a monstrous puncher like Gamboa who also out speeds him. Broner has size though... A lot of it and we dont even know of Gamboa has terminator power 2 classes up....

Excuse typos n s hit... From my phone.

Comment

i remember this thread..........

I've always said that broner would have too much power & speed.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                i remember this thread..........

I've always said that broner would have too much power & speed.
                Don't put too much stock in a performance put in after fifteen months of inactivity. For the record, I give Broner the edge in this match-up. But the Gamboa you saw last night isn't the same fighter you'd see against Broner. Quite frankly, even the "Ciclon" that showed up on the Pacquiao undercard didn't look too bad.

Comment

After what I saw last night, although the layoff had something to do with it, I believe Broner beats Gamboa easily. Gamboa is good. Fast hands, great combinations, and power to back it up. But Broner has those attributes to. What Gamboa has that works against him is leaky defense and a suspect chin. Broner is the bigger fighter as well. As they say a great big man beats a great little man and that's what we'll see with a Broner vs. Gamboa fight. Broner will win. KO in 6. After he survives Gamboa initial barrage, he'll pick him apart.

Comment

broner would get in gamboa's ass.....end of story

it would be entertaining though

Comment

• Could've been rust, or maybe at this point, Gamboa will never correct his bad habits.

I was screaming at the tv to keep his hands up. Also taking bug chunks of rounds off makes me infuriated at him sometmes.

Comment

Working...
                      X