No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado on Rios: I Know I'm at That Level Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado on Rios: I Know I'm at That Level Now

Mike Alvarado won’t insult anyone’s intelligence by telling them that his career is on pace from the goals set out when he first turned pro. Eight years and 33 fights into his career, the Colorado-based contender is just now hitting his stride.

The biggest fight of his career awaits as all eyes are on his October 13 showdown with fellow unbeaten contender Brandon Rios. Their HBO-televised co-feature bout at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. has many boxing pundits predicting an instant Fight of the Year candidate.

Still, it wasn’t until late last year when Alvarado (33-0, 23KO) even got a whiff of big time boxing. A come-from-behind last second stoppage win over Breidis Prescott last November was followed by a 10-round thriller with Mauricio Herrera earlier this year. [Click Here To Read More]

alvardo doesn't have the best boxing skills, but compared to rios, he is sugar ray leonard, so i think he takes this one with ease

Comment

Mike is a beast in the ring, Bam Bam will show up and do what he does. Man I can't call it, other than it's going to be FOY you can count on that.

Comment

This is a real fight, what boxing is all about, going through fire to get the respect.

Unlike the Snoozefest that have plague this great sport, clinching their way to victory, calling it skill to grab another man by the arm? Pathetic.

-----"It's Crunch Time".

Comment

suck's that this a 10 rounder, although this might end up being up there with Gatti/Ward 1 in the best 10 round fights of all time list.

Comment

Gatti/Ward stuff somewhat, the Mexican-American version, exept for the mouth on Rios but he really respects Alvarado and isnt talking trash as usual, thats very cool.

Comment

Working...
            X