No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Breaks Down Super Six Matchup with Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Breaks Down Super Six Matchup with Froch

WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward has made it to the finish line of the Showtime Super Six World Boxing Classic. However, via phone yesterday, he declared to this writer that relief is not the word of the day.

[Click Here To Read More]

As much as I like Froch I just can't pick against Ward. Dude is too skilled, too crafty, too good at everything. I don't see anything Froch brings to the table that Ward won't be able to handle. Ward by UD.

Comment

Ward's coming to get you Froch

Comment

This fight so important for boxing,it's simply unbelievable.Froch has transformed himself into an excellent fighter.Ward came into the tourney an underdog only to emerge as the favorite.These are 2 of the top 3 fighters in 1 of boxings deepest division,fighting each other.I like both men,but my money is on Ward.

Froch will keep the fight interesting al the way through.But I see Ward doing what Dirrel wouldn't & that's outboxing him,but not completely running away from engaging.Easily 1,if not the most important fight this year & Ican't wait for it!!

Comment

Ward is a classy guy and a excellent boxer.

I don't think Froch can beat him, he's just so well rounded.

Comment

I've got a feeling Froch could get stopped if he gets sloppy. Im cheering for Froch but I really can't see him beating Ward.

Froch looked sloppy against Taylor and Dirrell and I think Ward will not let Froch play to his strengths and just out box him and put on a master class.

If Ward is stupid and gets into a toe-2-toe fight with Froch then he isn't as smart as I thought he was. Froch will love Ward to fight him like he fought Kessler as he will be easy to hit...if Ward watches the Dirrell and Taylor fights and moves like they did, with his age and undefeated record I think he could outclass Froch quite badly on the night...I hope not though, I hope Froch somehow stops him, that would make my day!

Comment

You shouldn't look at Froch's fights with Dirrell and Taylor for this. froch is a tad more cautious. He's learned he needs to be at world level or he'll get outboxed and possibly stopped. Ward is a rough fighter, but Ward's best chances are to box. Froch throw's in bunches when in close and if they land, they'll add up. I think it'll be a close win for Ward, but Froch has a real genuine chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                This fight so important for boxing,it's simply unbelievable.Froch has transformed himself into an excellent fighter.
                He was younger and unbeaten before he entered the tournament, I'm not so sure there has been so much a transformation as a continuation.

Ward came into the tourney an underdog only to emerge as the favorite.These are 2 of the top 3 fighters in 1 of boxings deepest division,fighting each other.I like both men,but my money is on Ward.
                I also thinks Ward edges it, but Froch feels Ward's lack of power will be crucial. I just hope the Ward's 'head' isn't the decisive factor because that would be a shame for boxing.

Comment

I am not rling the Cobra out, Ward is an exellent talent but the Cobra always finds a way to make his fights competative, someoen has to beat this nuthugging homebody. WAR FROCH! WAR SUPER SIX! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Comment

Originally posted by simonihirst View Post
                    You shouldn't look at Froch's fights with Dirrell and Taylor for this. froch is a tad more cautious. He's learned he needs to be at world level or he'll get outboxed and possibly stopped. Ward is a rough fighter, but Ward's best chances are to box. Froch throw's in bunches when in close and if they land, they'll add up. I think it'll be a close win for Ward, but Froch has a real genuine chance.
                    My worry for Froch is he has enjoyed a bit of success all out boxing rather than boxing & fighting. He boxed Abraham away perfectly and tried the same against Johnson and it just about worked OK, if he thinks that is the way to go again against Ward then I'm worried as I rate Ward the better boxer and Froch will be punching air and look terrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X