No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch is Furious Over BBC Misquote on Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch is Furious Over BBC Misquote on Amir Khan

Carl Froch is furious with suggestions he encouraged Amir Khan to retire following his brutal fourth-round stoppage against Danny Garcia on Saturday.

Froch was interviewed by Radio 5 Live the morning after his British compatriot suffered the third professional defeat of his career.

Several media outlets reported the three-time super-middleweight world champion, who won the IBF crown with a stunning fifth-round stoppage of Lucian Bute in May, said Khan should think about retirement following the loss.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is exactly what I said the other day. I listened to the radio and heard him live.

Comment

Now that makes sense.

Comment

This is worse than when Manny was misquoted about commanding everyone to kill ****sexuals

Comment

Another very good reason not to give interviews to the so called press

Comment

I knew Froch couldn't be that dumb. He's a smart guy and wouldn't say that ****. I'm glad they'll squash this beef, now that Froch has cleared everything up.

It's damn manipulative journalism which often causes rifts between boxers. I could understand if they were in the same division why the press would do that, but why misquote him otherwise? Whoever is responsible for it needs to be fired, jailed for life and gangbanged in prison.

Ok maybe thats a little over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyk View Post
              Another very good reason not to give interviews to the so called press
              Hmm, I'd say that overall giving press interviews helps the sport and helps the individual boxer giving the interview, raising his profile and promoting his upcoming fight(s).

Comment

Froch has been catching a lot of heat for this on twitter.

Comment

Decent of Froch not to hit back at Khan's stronger comments about Carl being jealous of his bigger name etc.

Khan should have done his research and checked for he run his mouth.

Comment

When Carl froch speak I listen

Froch and Ward have personalities and speak words off reason like no other in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X