What do you of Javier Fortuna on last night espn fri-night fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you of Javier Fortuna on last night espn fri-night fights

20w - 0L 15 ko's

he's dope and all but everyone worldwide is talking about Magomed 15 have tried 15 have literally died.

Comment

He's cool but he's too damn wild. If he gets too wild with the top names out there he WILL get popped.

He reminds me of Socarras but with some more technique. Imagine a fight between Fortuna and Socarras. Man that would be fkin fun!

Comment

Mikey garcia destroys him,But he does got sum pop.

Comment

Yea he swings really wide and doesn't show much patience, all it's gonna take is someone smart enough to be patient and frustrate him and he's gonna look pretty vulnerable..

Dude's power is nuts tho, the pull counter that ended the fight was just nasty!!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            Mikey garcia destroys him,But he does got sum pop.
            Come on carnal, you're better than that.

Mikey Garcia is not the only name at 126.

And to be fair, I don't think Garcia has fought anyone who would pressure him like Fortuna would with his wildness IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              He's cool but he's too damn wild. If he gets too wild with the top names out there he WILL get popped.

He reminds me of Socarras but with some more technique. Imagine a fight between Fortuna and Socarras. Man that would be fkin fun!
              He likes to get into exchanges and can be inconsistent with his technique but he's always the one who lands the best punches in those exchanges his timing is quite good but if he doesn't get you out of there early tends to coast abit through rounds and can be roughed up on the inside

But his progression is comendable he's fought good opposition along the way and should be making more noise in the coming year

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Come on carnal, you're better than that.

Mikey Garcia is not the only name at 126.

And to be fair, I don't think Garcia has fought anyone who would pressure him like Fortuna would with his wildness IMO.

mikey is the top dawg at 126.Fortuna is a upcoming fighting that will
                try to take mikey out.

Comment

I wouldn't really label him as "wild" as much as "wide."

I think his aggression gets the better of him while he's out there trying to get his man out of there early. That pop on his proper punches though...a problem.

I see he experimented with Sergio Martinez's lead left hand a couple of times and landed it flush both times so I expect to see more new things added to his game next time out. If he keeps watching, he should notice that Martinez never throws such wide punches so just Sergio's influence should help him down the line.

I do have to agree that, when punches are being exchanged, he does seem to avoid the heavy fire while landing one or two shots himself.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    mikey is the top dawg at 126
                    No he's not -_-. Matter of fact, Mikey doesn't even have a belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X