[Video] Me shadow boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you shadowbox better than JCCjr

Comment

no speed or power being put in, i can't take these shadowboxing videos seriously

Comment

Either way for 9 months it is really impressive! keep up the good work.
        My point was just that it is so easy to become a one armed fighter as a convert.
        Converted Southpaws can't develop their left hand in the same way as a true orthodox.
        I'm a righty and my favorite punch is my left hook.

Comment

You need to shadowbox with weights from time to time. The reason is because you don't have that shoulder snap that you see from all top level professionals, especially in their uppercuts. That snap will give your punches sting, plus it is the key to hand speed.

Otherwise, great skill development from 9 months training.

And, oh, clean your garage.

Comment

you need to get your hips/shoulders involved more when you punch, especially in shadowboxing. roll your shoulders over more.

Comment

a very good article on why the strong arm belongs in the back

http://www.expertboxing.com/how-to-b...gs-in-the-back

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                Your video was good,
                You showed good shadowboxing.

I have seen right handed southpaws look good while shadowboxing when using their left hand, but when it comes to sparring they barely use their left hand.

How are you going to knock someone out with a power jab?
                Yeah Hagler knocked Hearns out with a right jab/hook/straight punch but that.

Your cross was pretty lazy and you threw it very little as if you weren't comfortable with it.

Guys like ODLH and Barrera developed awesome combination punching to make up for the lack of a powerful cross.
                They fought orthodox as the huge majority of boxers do.
                When they fought southpaws the were usually pwned.
                Examples: ODLH vs Sweet Pea, ODLH vs Pacman, Barrera vs Pacman.
                That is why ODLH avoided Southpaws his whole career except when fighting an old and shot Sweet Pea(which he got humiliated against) or a much smaller Pacman while cashing out on his career.

Thing is.. when you fight as a right handed southpaw, the majority of your opponents will be orthodox fighters.
                The guy only has to neutralize your lead hand while he can use both of his.

A guy like Hagler had an amazing chin to go along with his converted stance and he would switch up his stance all the time.
                Do you have a granite chin?

Look at Victoria Ortiz, that guy is a magnet for that right hand.
                That guy has trained as a converted southpaw since the age of 7 and his left hand is still mediocre and barely any good ( he do have some power in it, that is it)

Face it! you will never fight like Pacman just because you fight southpaw.
                Plenty of good points you make. I definitely agree to all of them.

Wasn't Winky Wright a converted southpaw? He had that stiff, fast right jab that would win his fights, barely saw his left straight being thrown. His mastery of the turtle-shell defense coupled with his right jab is probably good compensation for lack of a good left hand.

To the OP, really good shadowboxing. Like others have said, we gotta see the sparring! Good job, keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                X