No announcement yet.

Matt Korobov vs Erislandry Lara vs Daniel Jacobs vs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Korobov vs Erislandry Lara vs Daniel Jacobs vs

Which one of these guys will have the best career and who is the best among future stacked middleweight division?

I personally think Korobav or Lara beat Jacobs. But between Lara and Korobov I'm still not sure.

You could also throw in Porter in this list, But I think hes to small for these guys.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Which one of these guys will have the best career and who is the best among future stacked middleweight division?

I personally think Korobav or Lara beat Jacobs. But between Lara and Korobov I'm still not sure.

You could also throw in Porter in this list, But I think hes to small for these guys.
    I think Porter will eventually fight those guys but I think he starts his title fights at 147.

I think the X Factor of all the young middleweights is Fernando Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
      I think Porter will eventually fight those guys but I think he starts his title fights at 147.

I think the X Factor of all the young middleweights is Fernando Guerrero.
      Dont know how he got under my radar but I'm going to have to check him out. I'm excited about this division though, with the super 6, and all these young middles, I can't imagine a better weight class in the future.

Comment

I only know of Porter and Jacobs. I haven't seen or heard anything about these other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
          I only know of Porter and Jacobs. I haven't seen or heard anything about these other guys.
          Korobov is a gold medalist from Russia with 200 amateur fights, and Lara had like 300 amateur fights and I believe also might of won gold. Korobov beat Jacobs as an amateur. They both might be future p4p material. Korobov IMO looks as close to a sure thing as there is, hes going to be selling MSG out one day.

Comment

Korobov is a gold medalist from Russia with 200 amateur fights, and Lara had like 300 amateur fights and I believe also might of won gold. Korobov beat Jacobs as an amateur. They both might be future p4p material. Korobov IMO looks as close to a sure thing as there is, hes going to be selling MSG out one day.
            Thanks for the info. I'll be looking out for these two.

Comment

Matvey Korobov won
              Gold at the European Championships 2006
              Gold World Cup 2005
              2X Gold World Amateur Championships 2005 & 2007
              His amateur record is 310 Wins 11 losses

Also an interesting factoid is that Korobov's parents moved to Florida when he was 13 or 14, he decided to stay in Russia by himself without his family cuz he thought that it would be best for his Amateur boxing career. That's dedication.

You have to throw Golovkin, N'jikam, and Pirog in the mix at 160 too.

I agree with you on Jacobs, i think he's a step below Korobov, Lara, Golovkin. N'jikam and Pirog not sure yet.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 01-21-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Lara is the most talented out of those 3 IMO. Lara is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Matvey Korobov won
                  Gold at the European Championships 2006
                  Gold World Cup 2005
                  2X Gold World Amateur Championships 2005 & 2007
                  His amateur record is 310 Wins 11 losses

Also an interesting factoid is that Korobov's parents moved to Florida when he was 13 or 14, he decided to stay in Russia by himself without his family cuz he thought that it would be best for his Amateur boxing career. That's dedication.

You have to throw Golovkin, N'jikam, and Pirog in the mix at 160 too.

I agree with you on Jacobs, i think he's a step below Korobov, Lara, Golovkin. N'jikam and Pirog not sure yet.
                  I didnt know that about Korobov. It's no wonder he looks like the terminator in the ring, dude has been breed for fighting. I'm going to have to check for those other names you listed, don't know a whole lot about them.

I know when he fights on the under cards in NYC, Arum finds him the two hottest russian girls and has them go all over Brooklyn with him. LoL

One thing is for sure, when I see guys like Lara and Korobov coming over here with 300+ amateur fights, and basically lived their entire lives just to box, I really don't know how American Boxing can compete with that.

These guys are basically championship, world class level, as soon as they go pro.

Comment

I like all these guys a lot. I think Jacobs beats them all though right now though.

He can box, brawl, has a great jab, real good speed and has a real fighting spirit.

Korobov is a real tough banger, but I'm not sure about his footspeed/footwork yet.

And Lara is good, but he's still too green right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X