Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caribe Promotions: Rigondeaux will fight Donaire in March or anytime, even in China

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
    Funny how Rigo fans say nah only 3 guys are able to speak for Rigo when it's on Donaire's favour, but when it's the other way, and it's not the main 3 in the team, it's OK...

Comment

It´s pretty clear now, Donitas really wants to move up to 126 but Arum wont let him because he is gonna get spanked by those guys, and he doesn´t think he can beat Rigo either. Arum is right. Journeymen and shot boxers get in line!.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
        they have been negotiating? says who.... donaire?
        Who says they aren't? You? Someone who is not even involved in business side?

Comment

Step up nonito

Comment

Some of you people don't know **** about the Boxing business saying Donaire is avoiding anyone. Did you not learn a damn thing when a well-respected promotor wrote this yesterday on THESE boards: "NO PROMOTER will sign a promotional contract giving the fighter the choice of dates / opponents, unless you are talking about Floyd, Manny, or a Klitschko". Donaire does not make the choice of who he fights next, his promoter does. Same with Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Some of you people don't know **** about the Boxing business saying Donaire is avoiding anyone. Did you not learn a damn thing when a well-respected promotor wrote this yesterday on THESE boards: "NO PROMOTER will sign a promotional contract giving the fighter the choice of dates / opponents, unless you are talking about Floyd, Manny, or a Klitschko". Donaire does not make the choice of who he fights next, his promoter does. Same with Rigo.
              Wait am confused here. In your post above your saying the Promoters are the ones in the drivers sit and in your post below your saying nobody should make excuses for Rigo not fighting Mares because of their promoters have no say on who they fight Apparently for you, if Rigo does't fight Mares Rigo is ducking, but if Donaire ducks Rigo or Mares, its Arum's fault.

So whats keeping Rigo and Mares from negotiating a fight? Don't use the Promoter excuse because this article proves both sides can and are negotiating. This should be about the best fights, not the Donaire Soap Opera. Rigo vs Mares would be JUST AS GOOD of a matchup, a unification between unbeaten champs.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                Wait am confused here. In your post above your saying the Promoters are the ones in the drivers sit and in your post below your saying nobody should make excuses for Rigo not fighting Mares because of their promoters have no say on who they fight Apparently for you, if Rigo does't fight Mares Rigo is ducking, but if Donaire ducks Rigo or Mares, its Arum's fault.
                I said "dont use the Promoters excuse" meaning that someone cannot say "both promoters cannot negotiate" because that is false. GBP and TR worked together for the Vanes/Lara fight and they are negotiating the Donaire/Mares fight - which in simple math means that Rigo/Mares could be negotiated.

If a Rigo/Mares fight cannot be made, only haters and mental midgets will cry Duck, just like they cry Duck over Donaire when the FACT is, they don't know **** about the business side. It is the PROMOTER, not the FIGHTER who choses who fights who. That is in the contract, just ask a PROMOTER just like the one on these boards who has promoted a large number of shows in Florida, including in the past, Nate Campbell.
                Last edited by richardt; 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I said "dont use the Promoters excuse" meaning that someone cannot say "both promoters cannot negotiate" because that is false. GBP and TR worked together for the Vanes/Lara fight and they are negotiating the Donaire/Mares fight - which in simple math means that Rigo/Mares could be negotiated.
                  You mean their promoters not Rigo or Mares for they are not responsible for who they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    You mean their promoters not Rigo or Mares for they are not responsible for who they fight.
                    Exactly. Boxingscene should pay for someone like Promoter Terry Trekas to come on here regularly because he KNOWS the Boxing business and clears up a lot of things. I have NO DOUBT Mares and Rigo would fight ANY top fighter and have no fear of Donaire. And I know Donaire has no fear of them. My issue with Donaire was his prima donna attitude recently over some things he has said. But that has nothing to do with selection. Both Rigo and Donaire are at the command of Arum. He puts the money up, not those guys and he has the first and last word on who they fight. Like the promoter said, only a Vitali, Manny, or Floyd can have more influence but not the rest of Boxers. So people throwing the work DUCK around clearly do not understand the Boxing Business from the inside. Terry Trekas has even co-promoted with Don King. I know this as a fact because I remember some shows including some on ESPN that Terry promoted or co-promoted. Ducking is simply a knee jerk resonse when a fighter fights someone who is not what the fans or a group of fans wanted.
                    Last edited by richardt; 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Exactly. Boxingscene should pay for someone like Promoter Terry Trekas to come on here regularly because he KNOWS the Boxing business and clears up a lot of things. I have NO DOUBT Mares and Rigo would fight ANY top fighter and have no fear of Donaire. And I know Donaire has no fear of them. My issue with Donaire was his prima donna attitude recently over some things he has said. But that has nothing to do with selection. Both Rigo and Donaire are at the command of Arum. He puts the money up, not those guys and he has the first and last word on who they fight. Like the promoter said, only a Vitali, Manny, or Floyd can have more influence but not the rest of Boxers. So people throwing the work DUCK around clearly do not understand the Boxing Business from the inside.
                      That would be a fair comment, but if Donaire is going to add ,as you guys call it, "Roadblocks"(OST,MARCH,CHINA......ect...) isn't that a sign of ducking since Donaire is doing the opposite in trying to make the fight as you have accused Floyd of doing?

Comment

Working...
                      X