No announcement yet.

If you have money invest in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a blender, but here's a picture of my bread machine:

Serious, WTH does any of this have to do with boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      I don't have a blender, but here's a picture of my bread machine:

Serious, WTH does any of this have to do with boxing?
      Its to do with Training & Nutrition as the section suggests? Fairly straight forward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Do you replace two meals with these? Or do you drink them twice a day on top of your regular meals?
        you can do either or. I usually use it as a meal before bed to keep me full of fiber.

They have different recipes, what I usually do is drink a fruit and veggie mixture for break fast and an hour later eat a small meal, and before bed I will drink a purely veggie mix so I don't have any sugars and just fiber and vitamin and minerals.

it is also a great way to clean your colon because the fiber helps push the toxins out, and also gets rid of bad cholesterol.

My friend hates eating veggies it takes too long so what he does is eats his steak, fish or chicken meals with a bit of rice, and will drink his brocolli down fast after blending a small serving in the vitamix.

I usually try to get in 3 servings, also you dont have to stuff the machine with a ton of veggies a little goes a long way for a single serving.

The vitamix now has a 7 year warranty on new models

Comment

With the vitamix I can mix celery, kale, strawberry, ice, banana, and apples and get it to come up smooth like apple sauce. You just have to use that stick to press it down, that is the best part because sometimes stuff gets stuck and doesnt blend with the vitamix you just use the stick to press it or move it from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by kacber View Post
            With the vitamix I can mix celery, kale, strawberry, ice, banana, and apples and get it to come up smooth like apple sauce. You just have to use that stick to press it down, that is the best part because sometimes stuff gets stuck and doesnt blend with the vitamix you just use the stick to press it or move it from the side.
            Yup thats why I chose the Vitamix over the blendtec, the stick helps big time.

Comment

Last Tuesday, I bought myself a Vitamix blender from Costco, came with a 7 year warranty. With taxes, I paid $404.05.

I'm really pleased with my Vitamix. At first, I couldn't get the my smoothies sweet enough.

I did a little research online and found out using dates would help sweeten up my smoothies. I gave it try, and sure enough it worked very well. Someone else online recommended using either ripe Pineapple, Mango, or Watermelon to sweeten up green smoothies. I'm looking forward to trying those other fruits to see how they taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
                Last Tuesday, I bought myself a Vitamix blender from Costco, came with a 7 year warranty. With taxes, I paid $404.05.

I'm really pleased with my Vitamix. At first, I couldn't get the my smoothies sweet enough.

I did a little research online and found out using dates would help sweeten up my smoothies. I gave it try, and sure enough it worked very well. Someone else online recommended using either ripe Pineapple, Mango, or Watermelon to sweeten up green smoothies. I'm looking forward to trying those other fruits to see how they taste.
                PEARS! use pears or apples to sweeten green smoothies, Pears thought are my favorite with green smoothies. I also uses Bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  PEARS! use pears or apples to sweeten green smoothies, Pears thought are my favorite with green smoothies. I also uses Bananas.

Bro, I do. It still doesn't make em(green smoothies) sweet enough.

I use spinach, celery, romaine lettuce, cilantro, carrot, and cucumber.

I've added apple, pear, sometimes both, banana(really helps) ripe mango, and frozen fruit. Frozen fruit, example mixed berries, peaches, strawberries, and cherries. When I added dates to my smoothies, that really helped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
                    Bro, I do. It still doesn't make em(green smoothies) sweet enough.

I use spinach, celery, romaine lettuce, cilantro, carrot, and cucumber.

I've added apple, pear, sometimes both, banana(really helps) ripe mango, and frozen fruit. Frozen fruit, example mixed berries, peaches, strawberries, and cherries. When I added dates to my smoothies, that really helped out.
                    The only thing I suggest is try to remove the cilantro, that stuff is powerful, it can overwhelm the entire shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                      I'm actually going to buy a Ninja blender soon, so will let you know if it does in fact suck and leave chunks. It's certainly is the more affordable blender for ice.
                      I have been making smoothies with Ninja. My smoothies are full of fruits and vegetables, so they are full of fiber. Although Vita Mix seems to win in all comparisons with Ninja's smoothness or thoroughness of mixing. The blender is very easy to clean and simple to use, I never need to remove the top to tamp things up. Overall, it's a great machine.

Comment

Working...
                      X