No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia says Matthysse is the same as Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
    Oh You must be talking about the same Judah that Mathhyse lost a split decision to. Is that the one?
    We're talking about the same Judah that Garcia fights nothing alike.

Danny gets hit, a lot, not good. His ability to plant his feet and punch WITH his man is what makes him special, and why guys are timid when engaging. He is willing to take a hit to land one. He plants his feed, squares up, and swings WITH you. Not AFTER you (like most counter punches when you miss) but WITH you. That's a deadly man to fight with. It looks simple, and it looks bad.. but it's absolutely terrifying to beat. Especially when his return fire is so wild and loopy. He likes to 'exchange'.

Abner Mares fights the same way, it got him a W against Moreno (though, he did a LOT more engaging than usual. They knew exactly how to beat Chemito)

Lucas and Rios aren't light on their feet, they won't move in and out. When they move in to punch, and danny throws with them, they WILL be hit. I can see Rios getting put to bed in these exchanges, Lucas on the other hand, I can see him hurting Danny really bad. He'd come to the body first and make danny a little respectful. Good body attack instantly makes an exchange fighter like that a bit shy to let the hands go at the same time. Not to mention Lucas has the power to shut the lights out if he hands first, and a HELL of a chin (took the famous judah AND alexander uppercuts and didn't even blink)
    Last edited by intoccabile; 11-20-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

Danny gets hit, a lot, not good. His ability to plant his feet and punch WITH his man is what makes him special, and why guys are timid when engaging. He is willing to take a hit to land one. He plants his feed, squares up, and swings WITH you. Not AFTER you (like most counter punches when you miss) but WITH you. That's a deadly man to fight with. It looks simple, and it looks bad.. but it's absolutely terrifying to beat. Especially when his return fire is so wild and loopy. He likes to 'exchange'.

Abner Mares fights the same way, it got him a W against Moreno (though, he did a LOT more engaging than usual. They knew exactly how to beat Chemito)

Lucas and Rios aren't light on their feet, they won't move in and out. When they move in to punch, and danny throws with them, they WILL be hit. I can see Rios getting put to bed in these exchanges, Lucas on the other hand, I can see him hurting Danny really bad. He'd come to the body first and make danny a little respectful. Good body attack instantly makes an exchange fighter like that a bit shy to let the hands go at the same time. Not to mention Lucas has the power to shut the lights out if he hands first, and a HELL of a chin (took the famous judah AND alexander uppercuts and didn't even blink)
      Very well put and I completely agree with everything you mention. My point is that as good as Matthyse is, he gets completely overrated on these boards. If someone who knew nothing about boxing read a Matthyse thread on here they would legitimately think that he was a top 10 p4p fighter afterwards. Matthyse is a very good fighter, tough as nails, and fun to watch, but at some point we have to be honest with ourselves, who is this guys best win? I mean yeah I think he beat Alexander, but at the end of the day the judges didn't.

I think that Matthyse is a very tough fight for Garcia. But Matthyse has done absolutely nothing to make me believe that this won't be a VERY close fight, and one that Garcia can absolutely win.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417
        Quote:

Originally Posted by intoccabile

Very well put and I completely agree with everything you mention. My point is that as good as Matthyse is, he gets completely overrated on these boards. If someone who knew nothing about boxing read a Matthyse thread on here they would legitimately think that he was a top 10 p4p fighter afterwards. Matthyse is a very good fighter, tough as nails, and fun to watch, but at some point we have to be honest with ourselves, who is this guys best win? I mean yeah I think he beat Alexander, but at the end of the day the judges didn't.

I think that Matthyse is a very tough fight for Garcia. But Matthyse has done absolutely nothing to make me believe that this won't be a VERY close fight, and one that Garcia can absolutely win.
        If he hadn't been robbed he WOULDVE been top 10 p4p so whats your point?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

So u think Matthysse is a top 10 p4p fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
            After Judah, Garcia has to step it up to one of the top guys in the division. My guess if he beats Judah they will go after Hatton, Guzman, Alvarado, Peterson, a rematch with Khan or even a fight against Gamboa or Broner. Garcia looks very beatable and has some type of marketbility so I can see these guys going after him.

BS fights would be against Alexander, Malignaggi or Paul McKloskey. Meaningless fights that won't do crap for the sport.

I don't see the Garcia people going after Rios or Matthysse unless they are force to do so.
            Hatton/Alvarado/Khan shouldn't be in the discussion. After Judah, Garcia should fight Matthysse, winner of Guzman/Allakhverdiev, or Peterson. Anybody else would be unacceptable.

Comment

I don't think anyone would murk anyone at the top five 140 division. It's stacked and they're all very good fighters. No one is going to destroy anyone, including Garcia. He's an excellent fight who is hard to beat because he fights and punches when the opponent is most vulnerable. He's more skilled than people think, but he does have his flaws that can be exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                I don't think anyone would murk anyone at the top five 140 division. It's stacked and they're all very good fighters. No one is going to destroy anyone, including Garcia. He's an excellent fight who is hard to beat because he fights and punches when the opponent is most vulnerable. He's more skilled than people think, but he does have his flaws that can be exploited.
                This^^^ /end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

So u think Matthysse is a top 10 p4p fighter?
                  Yes I do, if he hadn't been robbed twice. Whether you think he was robbed or not that's totally different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST
                    Khan was murked, just saying... Not sure you have a very good point. Not sure what Ajose was ranked but Matthysse murked him.

Comment

I have grown to really like Danny Garcia.

That said, if he and Matthysse ever meet in the ring, I'm picking Matthysse.

I think Danny is a solid fighter and he's definitely improving. I just think that the tools that Matthysse is blessed with outweigh what Garcia has to work with.

If Garcia made the mistake of letting Matthysse get into the rhythm that he let Khan get into, I think Danny would would get hurt.

Plus, Danny seems to like to stand and trade. I don't see him doing that against Matthysse and getting the better of the exchanges.

I could be wrong as Danny has silenced quite a few critics, but Morales was definitely a geriatric pug and Khan was always overrated and had a suspect chin.

Matthysse just seems to be more solid than both and he definitely IMHO packs a hell of a lot more power.

I'd love to see that as Bam Bam just doesn't do it for the boxing fan in me.

Comment

Working...
                      X