No announcement yet.

Will it be good or bad for Boxing if Canelo wins tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
    For the first time in years a Boxing fight is so hyped in the mainstream media. Everybody on the web is going crazy and talking about it. Celebrities tweeting about it to the millions of followers they have and the fight reaches to the non boxing fans.

btw sorry for my ****ed up english, its not my native language
    I **** off that **** happens every time there's a big fight on. This is a bigger fight than normal but let's not act like Mayweather and Pac fights haven't been bringing in huge interest these past few years.

Comment

There's plenty of guys cAnelo can lose to. If he beats Floyd hell most likely lose in the near future then what? Who's the face of boxing then?

Comment

it would shake up the boxing world...this sport needs a shake up and i'm dying to see how Floyd reacts to losing

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          it would shake up the boxing world...this sport needs a shake up and i'm dying to see how Floyd reacts to losing
          Cmon Mak. He does a Hagler (until Broner is ready) only with much less class and much more noise.

Comment

The best thing that could happen to boxing is Canelo winning this fight. Canelo wins and all of suddenly Mayweather needs either a rematch with Canelo or a fight of similar magnitude.

If Mayweather wins, however, I suspect he will not be interested in another truly challenging fight for a while. He'll find an opponent or two with names, who don't truly belong among the top fighters, like he did with Victor Ortiz, and just coast again for a while.

BTW, Pacqiuao losing didn't hurt boxing at all. Pacqiuao is again headlining a big PPV fight, and he's facing one of boxing's best. In addition to that, Marquez is now a PPV headliner.

The market didn't get hurt, it simply expanded and further motivated the key components within it.

I'd like to see Canelo win, then face the winner of Broner/Maidana, while Mayweather faces the winner of Matthyse/Garciia.

Now, how could that scenario possibly hurt boxing?

Comment

Any time a new face comes into the sport and takes the spotlight it's good for the sport.

What's bad for the sport is all this cherrypicking, something that Canelo thankfully doesn't do.

Comment

Win or lose the change over is coming! Floyd and Wlad will be gone and hopefully the new names will fight more often and against the best avalible men also! We need colorfull individuals but they need to be marketable to "EVERYONE" so the sport can have a chance to get back into the mainstream again. We need Champions that generate an interest in the sport not just market themselves. In Wlads case he doesn't market anything and Floyd is about Floyd, he thinks he IS boxing!!! The sport was here before both of them and will remain and theres pasrt Champions that would out box and out fight both of them.

I think Canelo would be a good representative for boxing because he already is but I don't know if he can sustain his success.
                We need more than two names for the sport to regain its rightfull place. We need more than the fight tonite to bring interest to the sport.
                Theres always been a "good guy/bad guy" story line but today it becomes a "hate factor" and thats pretty sad to me. Then again theres so many fighters like Floyd who portrait themselves as the "heel"!
                Have you noticed he's smiling alot more and is more accessable to many more opts!! I don't think its promo I think he's getting ready for life after boxing and the "heel persona" just doesn't equate to being a respected businessman.

It would be great if atleast ONE of the next leaders could punch some. I'm tired of watching this pitter patter BS these kids perform. Someone please punch threw the target!!!!!! HA!!!! Ray.
                Last edited by Ray Corso; 09-14-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  It won't do 2 mil, and yes a rematch would be more than the first fight naturally, unless Floyd stops him early and decisively. Either way even if it somehow makes more than the oscar fight (which it wont) it still doesn't even come close to "bigest ever". "biggest ever" is more than money, it's meaning. This fight isn't that big. It's only big to people who think Canelo actually has more than a punchers chance. It's just another day at work for Floyd, and just another Floyd fight for a fan like myself.
                  First off, Im not saying canelo is gonna win. Intact I'm confident in Floyd winning. But if canelo did somehow win the rematch WOULD be the biggest fight in history.

Mayweather is the biggest star in boxing. Canelo an emerging superstar and if he somehow won the rematch would be insane!

Comment

Working...
                  X