No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yordanis Despaigne: I'm Ready For Edison Miranda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yordanis Despaigne: I'm Ready For Edison Miranda

Former Cuban amateur star Yordanis Despaigne (8-1, 4 KOs) is ready for battle in the televised supporting bout of this week's ESPN Friday Night Fights against heavy-handed Colombian Edison "Pantera" Miranda (34-5, 29 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Former Cuban amateur star Yordanis Despaigne (8-1, 4 KOs) is ready for battle in the televised supporting bout of this week's ESPN Friday Night Fights against heavy-handed Colombian Edison "Pantera" Miranda (34-5, 29 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
    Despaigne's a second-tier Cuban boxer. He was easily handled in his last fight by a true future star, Ismayl Sillakh. I wish Yordanis well, but I see him in the role of "solid opponent" for most of his career. Hopefully I'm wrong....

Comment

I think Despaigne has alot of potential, but he did wrong exactly what he said he did wrong against Sillakh, got macho went out of his element and FOUGHT, didn't box. Despaigne has a very solid jab, that you could when he threw it he took Sillakh out of his rythm and was able to find his range and get off shots. It's good that he realizes this, I think he will handle Miranda relatively easily to be honest, Possibly stopping him late. But i'll say he wins VIA UD 97-93- 98-92.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        I think Despaigne has alot of potential, but he did wrong exactly what he said he did wrong against Sillakh, got macho went out of his element and FOUGHT, didn't box. Despaigne has a very solid jab, that you could when he threw it he took Sillakh out of his rythm and was able to find his range and get off shots. It's good that he realizes this, I think he will handle Miranda relatively easily to be honest, Possibly stopping him late. But i'll say he wins VIA UD 97-93- 98-92.
        Yordanis is 31 years old. He's only fought nine times as a pro. That's not his fault. It's obvious that he and his handlers know he has to move his career along fast. That's why he was in there against a tiger like Syllakh. But not everyone is Bernard Hopkins. Despaigne is not likely to get good enough fast enough to make his career memorable.

For what it's worth, I agree that Despaigne is probably right. He would've done better against Ismayl had he not allowed himself to be taken out of his game-plan. However, Yordanis is a solid fighter, while "The Black Russian" is a potential star. Their stock isn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
          Miranda is not a bad boxer. He won more rounds on any judges scorecards against Ward then any other fighter. To this day Ward still says it was his toughest fight. Despaigne is no where on the level of Ward. If Miranda loses on points it will be a very very close fight.

Comment

I think he can out-box Miranda and stay away from his Power and get a UD

as for the Sillakh fight, he probably wasn't aware just how good Ismayl Sillakh was going into that fight and probably thought he was going to take advantage of a younger prospect and he found out the hard way just how good Ismayl is and it seems like he could never recover form the Knock Down in Round 2

Comment

Igo with Despaigne by UD in a war, probably fight of the yeaar

Comment

If the Miranda from his last fight shows up I imagine Despaigne will have an easy night.

EM looks like sh$t at 175.

Comment

Working...
                X