No announcement yet.

Comments for: People are Overrating Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments for: People are Overrating Froch

What is up with all the Froch huggery I'm seeing in here?

- I'm reading stuff that he is a top P4P (struggling with Taylor until Taylor gasses out like usual, gifted against Dirrell, beating Johnson, losing to Kessler) makes it hard for me to take him as a top P4P'er seriously.

- Saying he will beat Ward, and that he won't get a fair shake even if he does beat Ward and it goes to the decision.

Am I missing something? He's a tough fighter and a decent boxer sure, but I guess I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to the guy.

Don't be so cold.

Froch has more boxing skillz than Jennifer Aniston's acting skillz.

Comment

I haven't seen too many people pick froch to beat ward, I remember there was a poll and ward was dominating the results.

I think froch is a bit underrated tbh. I think the fact he fought such high level of opposition ALL IN A ROW (Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson) he deserves a lot of extra points for that. Who knows what undefeated fighters wouldn't be undefeated fighters if they actually fought tough opposition like that back to back.

These days a guy will typically fight a tough opponent, then fight 1, 2 or even 3 softer opponents before taking on another challenge again. Look at Calzaghe for example, he only fought a tough opponent once every 40 fights or so.

Comment

Look at the names in his record. He has done nothing but fight top opposition consistantly. No softies in between

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Look at the names in his record. He has done nothing but fight top opposition consistantly. No softies in between
          Abraham and Taylor at 168 shouldn't be tough fights, jussaying.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            I thought Froch was all talk, name me a fighter that has that many name quality fighters fought in a row as he has.

I don't think he is a P4P fighter but he is the best of the UK by far

Comment

how can the man with the best RESUME IN BOXING be overated???
              and abraham wasnt a tough fight for him
              taylor was a very good fighter dont fool yourself

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                I thought Froch was all talk, name me a fighter that has that many name quality fighters fought in a row as he has.

I don't think he is a P4P fighter but he is the best of the UK by far
                I never said he only fought bums, but he is proven against the upper-echelon fighters that he is just a notch below that.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  taylor had just beaten jeff mike tyson lacy so how can you say that wasn't a good win?

Comment

Over the last few years he has the best resume in boxing, all in a row with no gimmes.

Not many are picking him to win but he has won many peoples respect.

Comment

Working...
                    X