No announcement yet.

Manny and the 40 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    As its been stated numerous times that "deal" couldn't have flown. Floyd transfers $40 million to Pacquiao completely bypassing top rank so floyd and Golden Boy could promote the fight leaving top rank out. Yeah that would work. Top Rank I'm sure would have ignored the contract Pacquiao is under and say, "sure Pacquiao, fight Floyd under Golden Boy promotions we'll sit this one out!"
    You don't Think Manny would have had enough money to buy out his contract at that time? Or could have negotiated a buy out? I couldn't imagine that if Floyd had Buy out power when he was with TR that as big as many was He should have something in his contract to give him that type of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      was in the barbershop on the weekend and this was a hot topic....that 40 mill!!!...almost everyone who knows how to count is saying that was a big mistake by Manny to walk away from that bread....Koncz is Arum's puppet...Koncz plays the roll good...dudes THINK he's working for Manny when he REALLY works for Arum....they gassed Manny outta the biggest pay day he'd ever seen....but of course its Floyd's fault right?!?...GTFOH, those dudes who tell Manny what to do ****ed up big time!!!
      I think Koncz is akin to Human resources at a company. You complain to them like they are going to help but they are still apart of company management.

I wonder what they would say to Manny if he asked about when he is going to get a payday equal to what they turned down from Floyd.

Comment

I think manny wanted that 40 mil but he defers to toP rank to decide how much money he makes. Happened when Floyd called him and last year when he said he would take less. Top rank never backs up those statements. Floyd has been sending pacman a message this whole time. Floyd calls manny directly for 1. That there says Floyd ain't dealing with top rank, he would rather talk directly to manny to see where he's at. Cotto leaves top rank, first fight is Floyd. Floyd starts saying in public that manny has a boss and that bob arum is in the way. Oscar comes out saying he can teach manny a few things (how to leave top rank like he and Floyd did). Now Floyd says he won't put money in bobs pocket. He has done everything to show pacman, u leave top rank and the fight is on. If manny has a big win and leaves top rank, I believe that fight would still happen.

Comment

Nah. Had Manny accepted the offer just for the heck of it, Floyd would have come up with another excuse not to fight. Remember, Manny called the guy's bluff numerous times saying, "I just want to know whether he really wants it or not."

Bottom line is, Floyd is scared of Pac, pure and simple. The fight would have happened a long time ago if Floyd really wanted it. Easy fight, easy money. So don't bother with these hypothetical nonsense. It's a waste of time.

Hope that helps.

Comment

ewerwerwerr

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Light_Speed

It was a BS offer because Floyd wanted 100% of the ppv buys. He tried to screw Pac.

I don't know man, I can see the 40 mil offer from both sides. The fan in me says it was a lowball offer, but seeing it from the business side that Mayweather was talking about I can see why he offered him that. From what I heard recently in a Floyd interview he wanted to cut Arum out completely. He said something to the effect of giving Manny the 40 mil while not including Arum cause he didn't want to put money in Arum's pocket. that in turn would mean more money for Pac as he wouldn't be paying his 25% or however much he has to pay to Arum
              there should be no concern of how manny distributes his money. its simply another excuse in a long line of them to not face him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Getting none of the PPV cut(when all other floyd opponents do) for the most lucrative fight of the century(considering how accessible PPV is now compared to before) that wouldn't exist without Pacquiao is absolute BS

How can anybody think that's fair? When did Floyd become God, and why does Pacquiao have to bend over for him?

This was a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                  Nah. Had Manny accepted the offer just for the heck of it, Floyd would have come up with another excuse not to fight. Remember, Manny called the guy's bluff numerous times saying, "I just want to know whether he really wants it or not."

Bottom line is, Floyd is scared of Pac, pure and simple. The fight would have happened a long time ago if Floyd really wanted it. Easy fight, easy money. So don't bother with these hypothetical nonsense. It's a waste of time.

Hope that helps.
                  When did manny call floyds bluff once? If anything Floyd called mannys bluff:

1. Manny said he would accept less money, floyd personally called him to to deal.

2. Manny was ready to fight JMM in may 2012, when floyd said fight me, manny said he needs another month to heal his cut.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post

Hope that helps.
                    Well with all due respect Majority of the posts on this site are "hypothetical nonsense" then

Rather than continue to argue about who would win I think at this point there is still some discussion that could be had about how ultimately this fight not happening is currently affecting each fighter.

I honestly think had Manny left TR this fight would have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                      When did manny call floyds bluff once? If anything Floyd called mannys bluff:

1. Manny said he would accept less money, floyd personally called him to to deal.

2. Manny was ready to fight JMM in may 2012, when floyd said fight me, manny said he needs another month to heal his cut.
                      Pacquaio offered him 55-45, which is more than Floyd deserves because the only way this can go down is 50/50

The Bottom line is that the fight didn't happen because of Floyd. When Manny's contract with Top Rank was about expire, he was working a deal with 50 cent and even sent Koncz to negotiate a deal with Floyd without Bob Arum.

Floyd offered 40 million with no cut, and never budged. After the money team fell apart because of Floyd, Manny renewed his contract with Top Rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X