No announcement yet.

Austin Trout reminds me of Winky Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    The division is so jumbled I wouldn't feel comfortable in calling any fighter in it 'avoided'
    I'm agreeing here. It's a deep division & it's safe to say that on any given Friday or Saturday anyone from the top ten could beat anyone else on a given night. Which is why there's only 1 champ in the division that's fought only 1 54 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless Angel View Post
      Canelo should fight Berto. That's the new requisite to fight Mayweather.

You laugh now but Berto, Randall Bailey and Joan Guzman are all serious considerations for Canelo.

Comment

Austin Trout is a poor man's Winky Wright

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          You laugh now but Berto, Randall Bailey and Joan Guzman are all serious considerations for Canelo.
          What?? Please explain. Not that I'm surprised but, you know..........

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Trout is no wink but he's good enough. Wiky would beat everyone currently Lin the 154 lb division I have no.doubt
            If he thought that was true he would be doing it.

Comment

Well it's easy to say now that Trout is not as good as Winky. Winky is retired and Trout is just beginning his career.

But their physical dimensions are very similar and with their styles they don't make you look good.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                What about Maidana?

I don't doubt it .

Comment

They are high risk-low reward type of fighters. Their defensive stances are different, but both are tall southpaws with great reach and a great jab. Also they are both natural middleweights that can fight (in the case of Winky fought and dominated the 154 division at one point) at jr. middleweight.
                  Was Winky Wright absolutely boring to watch and also have no fans like Austin Trout?
                  Who has Trout fought for him to be worthy of ducking...
                  Step up your game he's hardly fought anybody and he's 27!
                  Last edited by M Bison; 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Well it's easy to say now that Trout is not as good as Winky. Winky is retired and Trout is just beginning his career.

But their physical dimensions are very similar and with their styles they don't make you look good.
                    Just beginning?
                    I think you will find Trout is 27years old and has only had one big name to date that he has fought and even at that Cotto was damaged goods, Margarito beat the prime out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                      Just beginning?
                      I think you will find Trout is 27years old and has only had one big name to date that he has fought and even at that Cotto was damaged goods, Margarito beat the prime out of him.
                      What you are talking about? He's young and is entering his prime. He's not a 30+ year fighter.

And like I said he hasn't received many opportunities because he's a high risk-low reward type of fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X