No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Fury’s Progress, Rise in Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogey View Post
    Fair enough we are all entitle to our opinions mate, but all i see is a lazy, immobile, lump with no power or fitness and barely a recognizable name on his record. Frankly he was not much better than the clown who went in the ring with Flintoff and the idea he was fighting in a world title eliminator is a disgrace to boxing.
    Firstly Kevin Johnson is not a bum if you go through his record there's some pretty big names there including the world title fight a couple of years ago
    That he lost on points certainly no disgrace in my opinion,but If you look earlier in the year he beat a very capable fighter in Alex leapai on his home soil and beat him by stoppage and Alex leapai can certainly have a fight.In my opinion Johnson looked bad because Tyson fought well and stayed to his game plan,If Tyson went hell for leather maybe it would have been a closer fight and more entertaining But I think tysons learned From his mistakes in the past.Why make things harder for yourself.If Tyson keeps improving the way he's going I have no doubt he will become world champ.don't forget Tyson is only 24 years old and has only been pro for a few years and is already making light work of some pretty good fighters.Think about it he's only getting better Making good fighters look average.

Comment

If the best name you can come up in Johnsons victory column is Alex leapai an Australian bloke who has not fought anyone and lost 4 times then i rest my case. Even in his title shot he showed no ambition to win all he wanted to do was survive and cash his cheque.
      The fact a fighter as poor as Johnson ever got a title shot shows the very sorry state of the heavyweight division. Fury has looked better because he has been fighting people like Johnson and retired taxi drivers like Rogan, when he grows the balls to take on David Price he will get KOed within 3 very painful rounds.
      Last edited by hogey; 12-06-2012, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
        Fair enough we are all entitle to our opinions mate, but all i see is a lazy, immobile, lump with no power or fitness and barely a recognizable name on his record. Frankly he was not much better than the clown who went in the ring with Flintoff and the idea he was fighting in a world title eliminator is a disgrace to boxing.
        Frankly, you are a moron

Comment

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. For me the morons are those falling for the Fury hype when its as plan as day he is not very good. He got battered by McDermott was dropped by the feather fisted Neven Pajkić, hasnt got great power and has no more than average speed. Not world class and that will be proved as soon as he takes on a higher level fighter not just an old has been like Johnson.

Comment

maybe he could step up and fight audley harrison or matt skelton next

Comment

I think Skelton would have given a far better account of himself against Fury than that useless lazy lump Johnson did. You cant honestly tell me that a fighter that poor should have been fighting for a world title eliminator when he wasnt even ranked in the top 30 of any organization. David Price will be fighting Tony Thompson who is a real top 10 Heavyweight in February in his 16th fight, now if Fury had took on someone like that and won for his title eliminator in his 20th fight it would have been more credible.

Comment

Tony Thompson is another 40 year old

how many in a row is that now?

Comment

I dont think it matters if he is 40 as long as he is still a top fighter, he is still a far far better fighter than Kingpin Johnson is and ever was. For an up and coming heavyweight he is a very good opponent for a 16th fight.

Comment

its not worth talking to you, you are one of them biased price fans

I bet you are a scouser

Comment

That's a shame i will miss you're 8 word baseless replies. I look forward to you agreeing with me when young Tyson gets starched when he fights someone decent. Not a scouse by the way just a Londoner who loves his boxing, but hates over hyped fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X