No announcement yet.

Vernon Forrest return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOAT
    Should be jr. middle -- 154 lbs. That's Rios's weightclass.
    I wish he'd go in a welter...I like him better at that wt. Thanks for the info anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by tracylee
      I wish he'd go in a welter...I like him better at that wt. Thanks for the info anyway!

I'm not sure if Vernon will carry his power at 154, I hope so, he was good for the sport.

Comment

WHAT,,,forest is fighting a guy with a 6-1 record, if thats the kind of confidence he has its best if he hangs em up.

Comment

WIth emmanuel moneybags stewart in his corner forrest will probably not last very long in any division. Stewart was a grat trainer in the past but nowadays he only cares about money and not the fighter. And not only that forest wont be able to beat winky wright anyway. With pretty much one punch and no inside game he would be threw. Winky wright wont get hit with his signature right hand then what?

Comment

forrest can still be champ. he can beat judah

Comment

Forrest is not returning at 147 he is returning at 154 so fighting Judah is not on the options list.

Comment

Originally posted by Riptor
                Forrest is not returning at 147 he is returning at 154 so fighting Judah is not on the options list.
                Unless hes using this fight at 154 and then moving down, Vargas did that with Joval I believe and now is fighting at 154.

Comment

vernon hasn't had a fight in two years. thats a big hurdle to jump over. i'm glad he's fighting a rios.

i think they had to take a muscle off his butt and sew it onto his shoulder to repair the injury he suffered.

Comment

Originally posted by tracylee
                    According to the boxing schedule I just printed, Vernon Forrest will be fighting on the undercard of the B-Hop-Taylor fight against someone named Sergio Rios. I'm not at all familiar with this guy..anybody ever seen him fight? It says his record is only 6-1, but I wonder if any of you have seen him and know if he possibly could be a problem for Vernon?

On another note, something so laughable, Christy Martin is supposed to fight again on July 30th against Lucia Rijker, on PPV!!! Sure, Jorge Arce is on the same card, but PPV??
                    You guys hate female boxers anyway, but PPV..cant wait to hear this!
                    its not about who forrest is fighting this fight.. Its about how he looks as he returns frmo injury. Hopefully Forrest looks impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Zab Super Judah
                      its not about who forrest is fighting this fight.. Its about how he looks as he returns frmo injury. Hopefully Forrest looks impressive
                      Hopefully! I've missed watching him in the ring and cant wait to see this fight. Like I said, I'm not too thrilled that Rios record is what it is, but for a 'comeback' fight I guess thats just being smart on his camps part. Wish him all the best for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X