No announcement yet.

pill ups or chin ups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pill ups or chin ups

what do boxers do pull up or chin ups .. any one that seen a tyson clip or tua or and hard punching boxers please let me know..

Chin-ups are much tougher.....consequently most people prefer to do pull-ups because their higher personal totals appeal to their vanity.

Comment

I think most boxers mix it up. Sometimes they do pullups and then sometimes they do chinups to lessen boredom in training. If you are a fighter I think you should do both. "A complete fighter needs a complete program."

Comment

Originally posted by Bro.Mike
        I think most boxers mix it up. Sometimes they do pullups and then sometimes they do chinups to lessen boredom in training. If you are a fighter I think you should do both. "A complete fighter needs a complete program."

Whats a complete program?

Comment

you do a chin-up if you want to work your bicept
          you do a pull-up if you want to work your tricept

thats the difference, and like what was already said, im sure boxers do both.

Comment

no chin up dont work ya tricep ... but pull ups it is becuase they work your bicep and boxers shouldnt do bicep curls only compound movents but thanx

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands
              no chin up dont work ya tricep ... but pull ups it is becuase they work your bicep and boxers shouldnt do bicep curls only compound movents but thanx
              Bicep curl are fine for a boxer, if you lift the right weight at the right amount of reps it helps.

Comment

Pull ups work your mostly your delts -shoulders-, and upper back.

Chinups, work your biceps, and mid back.

Comment

The statement "A complete fighter needs a complete program" is true. I think that a bit of yoga (doing handstand workouts) can enhance the workout. be carefull not to start out trying too much. Start slow and work up

Comment

Pullups (overhand grip) work your lats primarily but also biceps and back.
                    Chinups (underhand grip) work your biceps primarily but also forearms and lats.

Comment

Working...
                    X