Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past or Present do you think there has been a fighter who has never been knocked down

In Sparring, Amature fight, or Pro fight?

Marciano only slipped twice so you could include him. You could also start a thread about fighters who have been knocked down more often than Louis(very difficult to make a list indeed).
    And there's probably Valuev.
    Last edited by Slimey Limey; 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I don't think Oliver McCall was ever knocked down. If anyone did knock him down they'd probably come out and say it. Even Tyson could never knock him down in sparring.

Comment

I don't think Chuvalo has ever gotten knocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          Marciano only slipped twice so you could include him. You could also start a thread about fighters who haven't been knocked down as often as Louis(very difficult to make a list indeed).
          And there's probably Valuev.
          Slipped? Marciano was also dropped in sparring by Toxey Hall, so that counts him out of this.

Speaking of slips, the only credited knockdown of Marvin Hagler against Juan Roldan did look suspiciously like a slip. McCall and Chuvalo are both good calls too.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            I know Marvin Hagler was never legitimately dropped as a pro. He had a slip once that was ruled a knockdown and commentators were still talking about how bogus it was years later.

Poet

Comment

The 3 fighters I had in mind have already been metioned so I'll endeavor to make a 'poor mans' list....

Vitaly Klitschko
              Nicolai Valuev
              Terry Marsh

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
                Randy Cobb?

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                  Randy Cobb?
                  I believe 'Tex' Cobb went down several times during his career. He was knocked down four times and stopped in the first round against unheralded Dee Collier although some believe that the fight was a fix.

He also went down in the 9th against Eddie Gregg.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                    Randy Cobb?
                    Good call.. Can't ever remember him ever going down..
                    Although I never rated him, I don't believe Sven Otkke was ever knocked down either..
                    I think there may be 1or2 other Germans to.. What about Henry Maske & Axel Schultz?

Also Toney & Hopkins?

Comment

Working...
                    X