Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you rate Julio Cesar Chavez' resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Paper JCC resume looke incredible . That's only on paper but he lost some fights that they gave him as a gift so... I'll say in my own opinion 3 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
      Dude's resume is padded as fuck.
      Yep, and his boy is trying to do the same thing. 3 stars for who he beat, but he should have lost a couple of those...

Comment

the fact that some of you are saying 3 stars is actually pretty embaressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          Yep, and his boy is trying to do the same thing. 3 stars for who he beat, but he should have lost a couple of those...
          Well, lil' Julio is fighting bums mainly because of he didn't have an amateur career. He has progressed well, but his last name will always be a burden for him.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
            He is said by many to be the best Mexican fighter of all time.

Notable wins
            Frankie Randall twice
            Meldrick Taylor twice
            Greg Haugen
            Hector Camacho
            Roger Mayweather twice
            Jose Luis Ramirez
            Edwin Rosario
            Rocky Lockridge

What are your opinions on who he beat

randall beat the **** out of chavez, chavez almost did a backflip because of how hard he was dropped. Chavez lost against Randall.

To me Chavez is the most overrated fighter in boxing. The only 2 wins that meant anything were against Rosario and Taylor. And the Taylor fight he lost every round but that bull**** stoppage in the last second robbed Taylor from the win.

Comment

Five star resume for sure.
              Some guys may have a better resume, but nobodies is on another planet from his.

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                Well, lil' Julio is fighting bums mainly because of he didn't have an amateur career. He has progressed well, but his last name will always be a burden for him.
                How long does he need to do it though? How long can he fight bums before stepping up even slightly? I think he should have lost on the cards a few fights ago already, so I think the reason he wont step up is because they know he will lose and the meal ticket is lost. From what I have seen he isnt improving from these fights, so I cant see the benefit from fighting tin can after tin can anymore unless it is just to milk his dad's name for every dime they can. I think they want him to fight nobodies until he gets about 99 wins, so they can drag an old De La Hoya out of retirement to try and get his 100th win. He would then retire a legend, and will have won zero meaningful fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  How long does he need to do it though? How long can he fight bums before stepping up even slightly? I think he should have lost on the cards a few fights ago already, so I think the reason he wont step up is because they know he will lose and the meal ticket is lost. From what I have seen he isnt improving from these fights, so I cant see the benefit from fighting tin can after tin can anymore unless it is just to milk his dad's name for every dime they can. I think they want him to fight nobodies until he gets about 99 wins, so they can drag an old De La Hoya out of retirement to try and get his 100th win. He would then retire a legend, and will have won zero meaningful fights.
                  Apparently, they are planning a step-up for him very soon, I doubt he will have one of those 60+ fights careers. I'm not excited for him because I thought he lost his last fight and a couple of more fights before that. Honestly, nothing that he offers really stands out for me. We'll see how his career turns out.

Comment

Crap, i thought this was a thread on Chavez Jr & put two stars(and I was being nice at that).

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                      the fact that some of you are saying 3 stars is actually pretty embaressing.
                      yeah that's pretty sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X