No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™
    No i agree with you.. especially the older you get.

Jas is still young and experienced clearly by stating taking a single day off is all thats required following weeks of intensity...

Also jas dont be biting youtube channel lingo with that hippie muthafka comment. Thats CJs ****.
    It will hit him one day after training for 10 months straight without an extended rest and for weeks he has no energy while feeling constantly like someone beat him up.

Personally I like to watch MuscleTwin vids sometimes, they are funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Do any of you take a rest week? it can really help you recover get stronger and see gains.

For the longest time when I was in my late teens early 20s I thought more was better and was training every day or 6 days a week for a couple years on end and wondered why I wasn't seeing gains. I did some research about split routines 6 years ago and used them ever since, the advice I have read recommends 8-12 weeks of intense training followed by 1 week off to give your CNS a rest. I usually do an 11 week on 1 week off, works well but feel guilty about not doing anything for a week. I yearn to lift heavy metal objects right now.
      Absolutely I take a week off . I'll lift heavy for 10 - 12 weeks and take a week or two off and always feel like I grow during that rest . Then I ease back in with lower weight and higher reps and a lot of caliastetics ,p90x type stuff , jogging ,jumping rope for about 8 weeks to cut whatever fat I gained while I cycle off creatine and caffeine . Then a week off and I go on a gain again . Constant pattern ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        It will hit him one day after training for 10 months straight without an extended rest and for weeks he has no energy while feeling constantly like someone beat him up.

Personally I like to watch MuscleTwin vids sometimes, they are funny.
        Lol ,the Hodge Twins are funny and they give good advice for natural bodybuilding . I've watched a lot of they're videos and tend to agree with most of what they say..

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
          Absolutely I take a week off . I'll lift heavy for 10 - 12 weeks and take a week or two off and always feel like I grow during that rest . Then I ease back in with lower weight and higher reps and a lot of caliastetics ,p90x type stuff , jogging ,jumping rope for about 8 weeks to cut whatever fat I gained while I cycle off creatine and caffeine . Then a week off and I go on a gain again . Constant pattern ..
          I have had to do that too this week as I started my new split routine Sunday, I was wondering if that was normal having such a hard time starting where you left off just from a week of rest. I for most of my lifts have been this week doing about 5lbs less than what I ended with before but yeah reps of 10s and 12s.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED***8482;
            I agree with a week.

2 weeks is too much though.
            U could be right ,maybe it's just my personal preference . After going hard for 12 weeks then taking a week off I'm not thrilled to jump right back in . But after that second week off I get super motivated and can't wait to work out. I'm in my 30's so I deserve the extra week lol...

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I have had to do that too this week as I started my new split routine Sunday, I was wondering if that was normal having such a hard time starting where you left off just from a week of rest. I for most of my lifts have been this week doing about 5lbs less than what I ended with before but yeah reps of 10s and 12s.
            Yeah man nothing wrong with that. I think my body responds well to switching like that. I start of between 5lb and 10 lbs less and at the six week mark I'm where I had maxed , then I got six weeks to set a new max . That's the plan !

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              U could be right ,maybe it's just my personal preference . After going hard for 12 weeks then taking a week off I'm not thrilled to jump right back in . But after that second week off I get super motivated and can't wait to work out. I'm in my 30's so I deserve the extra week lol...

Yeah man nothing wrong with that. I think my body responds well to switching like that. I start of between 5lb and 10 lbs less and at the six week mark I'm where I had maxed , then I got six weeks to set a new max . That's the plan !
              Nothing wrong with that, I used to train improperly for years as a teen and in my early 20s, no way now I can get away with training all year round without my rest week every 11 weeks or so now.

Comment

• hit personal record......25 neutral grip pull-ups.......

Comment

• Making some gains just need to try to keep eating enough and beat my last workout from the prior week by at the very least a rep or 2 for each exercise.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                    I'm till waiting for the Brett Hart pics Spray
                    Be a long time for that, got no long locks anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      If you are natty and lifting then creatine is a must.
                      Word! BCAA is also good.

Comment

Working...
                      X