No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I’m Not Going to Change Miguel Cotto Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: I’m Not Going to Change Miguel Cotto Too Much

Numerous men have worked Miguel Cotto’s corner, the latest being Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach.

Cotto’s first fight with Roach will be on Oct. 5 against Delvin Rodriguez. With their first camp together underway, Roach says he’s looking to bring back much of what Cotto had been known for before.

“His progress is great. His punching power is coming back like it once was. And he’s one of the best students I’ve ever had,” Roach said on a Sept. 20 media conference call. [Click Here To Read More]

Glad Cotto is making another run. Good guy thats good for the sport.

Comment

If that body shot comes back cotto will have a few more years left warrrrr cotto

Comment

Yea he's right not really much to change I think he's a great boxer always has been and if anybody can bring the best out of him it's Freddie roach I think his only problem is he gets lazy in the later rounds but that Miguel cotto who beat Shane Mosley comes back... Look out people!!!

Comment

The problem with Cotto is that he continues sleeping with the fat boy.
          Slow moves is all he can do.

Comment

Roach is the opposite of Mayweather Sr. His focus is on offense while Sr is on defense. I don't know which one is harder, but I could see that offense is just as hard and it entails perfect conditioning. As you've seen, Roach turned Zou Shiming into an offensive machine and you could see from his last fight that he was exhausted at the end of the last round.

Comment

If Cotto's gonna keep fighting he needs someone to push him. Roach will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
                Yea he's right not really much to change I think he's a great boxer always has been and if anybody can bring the best out of him it's Freddie roach I think his only problem is he gets lazy in the later rounds but that Miguel cotto who beat Shane Mosley comes back... Look out people!!!
                What cotto needs help with roach is not able to teach. Cotto was always a very good offensive fighter. His biggest problem is his defense. He is there to be hit. Roach couldn't improve pacs defense in all these years because he can't. Have you ever listened to roach between rounds? He sounds incompetent to me. Most wild card fighters suffer from lack of defense. A great boxer like cotto need a trainer to improve deficits not gloss over them.

Comment

I hope it works out abd Roach brings back the animal back in Cotto.

Comment

George Zimmerman

Comment

Working...
                    X