Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to stop with this s**t......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Floyd may or may not age well, he has so far and given his skill level he will likely be able to hang on and still be a very hard guy to beat up or take out until the very end but someone will be able to fight him close enough to give him a loss sooner rather than later I reckon (Taylor-B-Hop Taylor can't really hold B-Hop jock strap in a boxing sense but he was young and athletic which allowed him to make the fights close that he got the nod, that could easily happen to Floyd).
    Like I said already, I do expect Floyd to decline much more gradually than Manny. But that said, the guy still does rely on his reflexes and explosiveness to a large degree. How long past the age of 35 is he going to maintain those attributes as a WW/JMW?

I definitely thought was feeling the pace a bit against Cotto too, as Cotto's determination to cut off the ring and force him onto the ropes was taking a lot out of both of them. As the fight went on he recovered brilliantly and was clearly the stronger man going down the stretch.

He often controls such fights, where he's faced with an intelligent aggressor, with his footwork though. And I think part of the reason he ended up in uncomfortable situations against Cotto was because he wasn't quite sharp enough on his toes to wrong-foot Cotto and keep bringing the fight to where he wanted it. Again, that's understandable for a 35 year old.

Not taking any of the credit away from Cotto btw, he fought a smart and exceptionally disciplined fight on the night. But nevertheless there were little signs here and there that Floyd might not be quite as invincible as he once was.

A funny thing about sport is that a lot of the time, no one sees the end coming for great athletes and great teams. Sometimes a guy looks on top of the world and at that point in time, it can be almost impossible to believe that they would never be that good again. That's how it happens though, and the signs of deterioration can often only be detected with the benefit of hindsight.

I'm not saying Floyd is at that point yet, but you just never know. And as athletes get into their late 30s, the statistical likelihood of that abrupt fall from grace increases all the time.

Comment

Pac loses to Morales - Pac was green (with 40+ fights ??) blood drained, wrong socks
      Pac KOs Hatton - Zohmg! Hes prime because he has a right hook now (always did)
      Gets schooled by Marquez - Pac is over the hill!
      About to fight Marquez again - Pac is pretty much shot.

Shameless turds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Ward
        Mayweather
        Martinez
        Donaire
        Mares

My Top 5

Manny hasn't beaten a credible opponent since Clottey which was in 2010, lets be real.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Nothing but the truth here...

Comment

Some good points made.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Manny beat Bradley 8-4 at least, and everyone knows it. Tim knows it, Diaz his trainer knows it, his wife knows it, and Tim's dad knows it. There is no possible way anyone could score that fight for Bradley, without sounding like a moron.

Mares is Top 10, but I'll take beating Bradley over beating Moreno, though both are good for sure.
            Fight could have gone either way, Bradley won 6 clear rounds in my opinion so it wasn't a robbery. Also, Abner Mares has consistently faced tough opposition and won. Doesn't change the fact that Manny's last credible win was in 2010.

Comment

Fight could have gone either way, Bradley won 6 clear rounds in my opinion so it wasn't a robbery. Also, Abner Mares has consistently faced tough opposition and won. Doesn't change the fact that Manny's last credible win was in 2010.
              Not even a Pac fan and this is rubbish. Pacquiao clearly won that fight. But for some odd reason people like to go by who got the decision only, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Ward
                Mayweather
                Martinez
                Donaire
                Mares

My Top 5

Manny hasn't beaten a credible opponent since Clottey which was in 2010, lets be real.
                He beat bradley tho,you gotta give him props for that.

What happened to clottey??

Comment

No way man. I'm sorry, I'm a big Bradley fan. But he won about 2-3 clear rounds, and there were a couple quiet rounds.

Manny won the fight. He landed more and landed the harder punches consistently. The only way Bradley even got a few rounds was the last 4 rounds. There were 2 rounds that were close and Bradley clearly won 2 as well. Take that into account, the first round was pretty close as well, it was a slow round. Manny won rounds 2-8 clearly I thought.

Comment

Pac won about 4 clear rounds. Bradley won 4 clear rounds. 4 more rounds were toss ups. It genuinely was that close.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      No way man. I'm sorry, I'm a big Bradley fan. But he won about 2-3 clear rounds, and there were a couple quiet rounds.

Manny won the fight. He landed more and landed the harder punches consistently. The only way Bradley even got a few rounds was the last 4 rounds. There were 2 rounds that were close and Bradley clearly won 2 as well. Take that into account, the first round was pretty close as well, it was a slow round. Manny won rounds 2-8 clearly I thought.
                      Gonna have to agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X