Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were Ortiz's trainer what would the gamplan you set be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were Ortiz's trainer what would the gamplan you set be?

What gameplan would you put in place to beat floyd mayweather?

Lets see what everyone thinks

well if floyd stays true to what he says then ortiz should just stay in front of him and bang away. put some pressure on floyd and use his youth to his advantage floyd says hes not going to run so i would say ortiz is stronger than mayyweather so he should go right at floyd.. nothing to lose and ALL to gain IMO. but if floyd doesnt do what he says its a long night for ortiz

Comment

pay a costume desginer to make a mask of manny PACMAN and have ortiz wear this mask on fight night.

Comment

Dont stop throwing punches.

Comment

This is counter-intuitive... but I would MAKE Floyd come to me.

If Ortiz tries to bang away with Floyd, he gets knocked out. Seriously. Knocked out.

I feel Ortiz should fight in and out and use ALL of the ring. Make the older fighter use his legs, but by coming after YOU. Stop and exchange, and then move away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            This is counter-intuitive... but I would MAKE Floyd come to me.

If Ortiz tries to bang away with Floyd, he gets knocked out. Seriously. Knocked out.

I feel Ortiz should fight in and out and use ALL of the ring. Make the older fighter use his legs, but by coming after YOU. Stop and exchange, and then move away.
            so your basically saying outbox the number 1 boxer in the world??

Comment

I would tell him to come out just like he did against Berto because I think he will have Floyd uncomfortable early since even Hatton who isn't as big or explosive seemed to make Floyd a little uneasy early in their fight. I would also tell Vic to fight a little dirty since Floyd likes to throw those elbows from time to time. After all that I would hope Floyd slowed a lot because I would know know that even with my best strategy it would be just a matter of time before Floyd's superiority as a fighter would show and my man would getpicked apart.

Comment

What choice does he possibly have but to try swarming PBF every second of every round? Even at that, he's not going to win.

Comment

Ortiz will get destroyed..................
                  BUT his strategy should be pressure and aggression. Lots of combinations.
                  And feint with his jab A LOT.

Comment

- Jab. Real jabs; not these pulled jabs that purposely miss that Ortiz does. He needs to set his feet, step in, and throw that jab hard.

- Get southpaw position. Move right and try to gain a fairly significant amount of angle with your foot outside his. This will set up...

- Right hook, aimed at the shoulder while coming in to your left. He will roll the shoulder and stay there feet set so this can allow you to hold him in place and fire the straight left; if you're doing it right you will move around his shoulder and have a straight shot to the chin.

- And get the heck outta there. Don't get greedy and take punches back. Throw a small combination and MOVE.

- From a certain distance near ropes triple jab to back him into the ropes, feint left hand, HARD right hook pivoting to the right. Floyd circles off the ropes to his left away from the left and into your best punch with his shoulder down.

- If he does peekaboo defense, utilize the hook/upper right hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X