No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chart: Floyd Mayweather is Easily Highest Paid Athlete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chart: Floyd Mayweather is Easily Highest Paid Athlete

NEW YORK – Galvanized by an unprecedented deal with Showtime that guarantees him at least $32 million per fight, boxing great Floyd (Money) Mayweather Jr. sits atop the 10th annual Sports Illustrated Fortunate 50, which ranks the 50 highest-earning professional athletes in the U.S. With $90 million in projected earnings for 2013, Mayweather tops the list for the second consecutive year. The complete list is available at si.com/Fortunate50 and is also featured in the May 20, 2013 edition of SI.

Tiger Woods, who was No. 1 on the Fortunate 50 every year from 2004-11, falls to his lowest ranking ever (No. 5, $40.8MM). LeBron James (No. 2, $56.5MM) is the first team-sport player to crack the top two since Shaquille O’Neal did it in 2004. James’s $39 million in endorsements were more than any other U.S. athlete in 2013. A historic $37 million signing bonus helped Drew Brees skyrocket to No. 3 on this year’s list. Brees didn’t crack the top 50 in 2012. [Click Here To Read More]

for a nights work too, he's got a real good gig

Comment

No one can deny he has carved out a great career for himself with sound business decisions.

lol @ endorsements: $0

It says something about his popularity/notoriety in the US when he can top the earnings chart without a single endorsement.

I wonder where he is on the global chart. I see Beckham is No.1 internationally but appears to have a smaller salary.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-15-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

How do they get $90 million? $32 million x2 = $64 million. Floyd isn't fighting 3 times in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          How do they get $90 million? $32 million x2 = $64 million. Floyd isn't fighting 3 times in a year.
          PPV and if he fights again in September

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            They said he got an extra $13 mil from the ppv sales. so it appears they are doing $45x2.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              No one can deny he has carved out a great career for himself with sound business decisions.

lol @ endorsements: $0

It says something about his popularity/notoriety in the US when he can top the earnings chart without a single endorsement.

I wonder where he is on the global chart. I see Beckham is No.1
              Oddly enough when TYson was at the top it was the same thing-all salary no endsorsements.

Comment

Christ that's a load of money. He doesn't seem to spend it as stupidly as he used to, which is good at least.

Comment

This is a statement to why Money (and Pac-Man for that matter) can now cherry pick their opponents.

They are not just regular boxer, they have crossed over and are now superstars..

Fighting mandatory and tough challenges that we the fan want them to fight does not apply to them...does it suck? YES but they are superstars now and boxing is really a business for them.

If I was Money and Pac-Man, I'd cherry pick until I retire...why fight a threat that can possibly beat you and phvck up your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    They said he got an extra $13 mil from the ppv sales. so it appears they are doing $45x2.
                    Thanks. That's crazy. $45 million for a PPV that did just over a million buys?

Comment

Working...
                    X