No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Helenius vs. Williams, Nielsen vs. Bahki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Look beyond the numbers. Although he's lost a lot of decisions, he's been able to go the distance with some pretty high profile fighters - Charr, Chagev, Mccline. He's also coming off on two fights (1 win, 1 NC) where he did very well. He beat Welliver and he practically KO'd Holyfield until the fight was stopped due to a tiny cut.

This guy's no tomato can or pushover; he's a fringe contender who seems very motivated and intent on pulling the upset. Most, but not all, boxers who have suffered an injury, comeback against a limited fighter - but not in this case.
    Man, he did OK with Charr, who is an overweight joke, welliver is f****ng ish, and your talking about a 50 year old brain addled Holyfield! His last meaningful fight was against Chagaev 7 whole years ago! He's not a tomato can but he's not a contender anymore!

But I'll admit I forgot about the injury, so I won't begrudge Helenius this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on his selection, in regards the injury, but regarding the previous quote, if any other top prospect picked the tank as an opponent would you call it a tough fight? He hasn't put up a good showing in 7 years since the Chagaev fight, (not withstanding the Holyfield fight, which was a joke)
      Not a tough fight no.

Comment

Working...
      X