No announcement yet.

Something that bothers me about Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that bothers me about Roy Jones Jr

It's sad this guy has gotten to the point where he needs to choose these weak opponents so he can showboat and feel good about himself. All the talking and showboating he did in the lacy fight made me feel a little bad for the guy. Now i hear he's going to fight danny green in november. Seriously Roy if you really want to give back to us fans that have supported you, If you really want to gain some fans back, if you really want to prove something to yourself instead of being delusional with these weak opponents, then go out there and did what you did tonight in a rematch with tarver, a rematch with johnson, a rematch with bhop, call out calzaghe, and **** call out the winner of dawson/johnson. Because being in the ring trying to give people the impression that you are something that you are not anymore is not working. YOu really want to impress the boxing fans and get some due respect back go out and show that you are not scared, because your choice of opposition shows you are not too confident in yourself no matter how much you play it off in the ring against these lesser guys.

So what if Roy is no longer choosing the best opponents, he's having fun and making money. He isn't delusional, he knows who he can still look good against. Most people enjoyed seeing he way he fought tonight.

Comment

Roy is shot. Let him fight B level guys. We all know the fihgters you mentioned will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Roy is shot. Let him fight B level guys. We all know the fihgters you mentioned will beat him.
        No we dont. The problem is ROY thinks those guys will beat him. His mentality is not there no more! If he was able to get over this mental problem he has the fear of getting hit he can do what he did tonight against anybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          So what if Roy is no longer choosing the best opponents, he's having fun and making money. He isn't delusional, he knows who he can still look good against. Most people enjoyed seeing he way he fought tonight.
          you sound like a mother encouraging her bench warming son to just go out there and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Get you mad? View Post
            No we dont. The problem is ROY thinks those guys will beat him. His mentality is not there no more! If he was able to get over this mental problem he has the fear of getting hit he can do what he did tonight against anybody!
            No hoe can't. Lacy ****ing sucks, and Jones recently struggled with Trinidad. He's done.

Comment

I kind of want to see Roy VS Jermain Taylor for the WBO shottest fighter award

Comment

Hey buddy, if you dont like to watch legends fight, dont watch!

Who cares if it was a B level guy, its entertaining and it brings a hell of a lot more fans in than a "Tactical" Lennox or Klitschko fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
                  Hey buddy, if you dont like to watch legends fight, dont watch!

Who cares if it was a B level guy, its entertaining and it brings a hell of a lot more fans in than a "Tactical" Lennox or Klitschko fight.
                  Umm I guess you didn't see the empty seats last night. And why do you compare to lennox or klitschko? Which by the way watch vitali vs chris next month and then tell me what fight had more people.

Comment

first off jones is shot and does'nt have anything left to prove
                    second, he has just recently been battered by joe calzaghe and has to again start from scratch
                    ever hear of tune ups? he has mention countless times about getting another title, and fighting johnson in a rematch
                    he won against sheika and lost to calzaghe last year, let him have his bums this year and again challenge for a title next year

Comment

Working...
                    X