Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you guys think that Danny Garcia is milking his titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Zab is deserving of this title shot more than Matthysse. Hes fought and beat the better opposition at 140. Other than being robbed in the Alexander fight what has Matthysse done to warrant all this love? I swear people jock other fighters on this site just for the hell of it. This reminds me of all the overhyping of Lara.
    Stopped reading there.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
      Stopped reading there.
      Why didnt you answer the question then? Besides the fact that you cant.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
        Seriously. Trinidad milked his title at welterweight for years before finally fighting Delahoya like 6 years later. Didn't fight Quartey, Whitaker, McGirt, etc.

Campas, Camacho, Stephens? Seriously?
        That's because everyone ducked the hell out of him. Trinidad called out Chavez plenty pof times and jcc said nope..

Comment

Garcia will step up in competition. He already has a better resume and fought better opponents than Canela.

Comment

I don't mind the Judah fight to be honest. He's a young champion, just off his two biggest wins. You can't constantly take big fight after big fight, especially just after winning the title at a young age. He needs experience fighting all styles, and with his flaws I think his team are trying to do that. Keep getting him more skills and experience against all types.

As long as he does take the big fights when they come along, I don't mind these stay busy fights. It gives guys good experience and skills, and can often result in some unexpected great fights, upsets, exposures and other interesting boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I don't mind the Judah fight to be honest. He's a young champion, just off his two biggest wins. You can't constantly take big fight after big fight, especially just after winning the title at a young age. He needs experience fighting all styles, and with his flaws I think his team are trying to do that. Keep getting him more skills and experience against all types.

As long as he does take the big fights when they come along, I don't mind these stay busy fights. It gives guys good experience and skills, and can often result in some unexpected great fights, upsets, exposures and other interesting boxing history.

good post.

i'll also add that most fighters leave everything but fighting and training up to their team. they aren't matchmakers or business people.

when he says "i leave it up to al haymon and goldenboy," he means it.

i think they're trying to use danny garcia as one of the main guys to bring boxing back to brooklyn. they're going to protect him, and they'll certainly try and tie up the future of anybody who might beat him.

Comment

After Judah, we need a unification fight, not a Khan rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  good post.

i'll also add that most fighters leave everything but fighting and training up to their team. they aren't matchmakers or business people.

when he says "i leave it up to al haymon and goldenboy," he means it.

i think they're trying to use danny garcia as one of the main guys to bring boxing back to brooklyn. they're going to protect him, and they'll certainly try and tie up the future of anybody who might beat him.
                  Exactly. They spend a lot of time with these guys and trust them to make their career the best it can be. There is so much more that goes on that most guys on here don't even think about and just expect all champions to fight Mayweather, Pac, Marquez, Donaire, Hopkins, Ward and Klitschko all back to back, even if they are only a Flyweight.

Comment

Not at the moment. Morales sucked, but he had a rematch clause I think, and Judah is the defense he gets to make before moving on to better things.

We'll see who he fights after Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Zab Judah is and always will be a dangerous fighter for anyone, but is Garcia and his dad milking the titles

Is it time for a unification?

Garcia in his last few fights has faced naturally smaller guys and an old man.

Can Garcia beat Matthysse or Rios or even Broner?

Just a few questions for you diehards.

Personally I think that Garcia needs to step it up after this fight. I understand he wants money, but there is no short cut to money or respect. You have to earn that in the ring.
                      Judah earned his shot with Danny. Nothing wrong with this fight. This will help get Danny more exsposure and is the perfect way to begin 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X