Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hearns have the best Jab of all time p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.Holmes
    2.Monzon

undisputed top 2 IMO

A few other ATG ones that haven't been mentioned so far are Barrera, Starling, and the greatest southpaw jab ever, Winky Wright

Some of the best jabs today belong to Miguel Vasquez and Yoan Pablo Hernandez

Comment

No such thing as a p4p jab. A jab is a jab regardless of the size.

Hearns' jab was good though. Earned fame and cult popularity from it.

I'm not really in the mind to think about who's jab, I liked the most but Hearns' jab was a really good one.

Comment

Hearns had a great jab. He could pepper with it and do damage with it.

Holmes and Ali obviously stand out above most of the rest. I like Liston and Wlad too.

By the way I was just watching some Malignaggi footage, he actually has a really good jab. Not claiming he's up there with the names others have mentioned though haha

Comment

Tommy Hearns at times would "row" his jab (return it low) and when he stepped to long with it could be countered (left hook)and be caught off balanced but it wasn't an easy task because of Tommy's over all length. The Kronk boxers were known for working their jabs hard and often and was certainly the set up shot to see how their opponents handled it. I remember handling Fellie Marquez against Stevie McCroy (Kronk fighter) and Fellie had a hard time getting by Stevies jab and Fellie was an excellant technician too. My son fought Sting Ray Johnson in the finals at the Ohio State Fair Nationals (J.O. elimination national tourny)and he also had a tuff time working off Rays jab. Manny insisted that hard work and lots of time be put into the development of his fighters jabs.
          The jab is the key to open most doors with, not all but most! Ray.

lexi Arquello had a hard jab too!!

Comment

Not the best jab ever but, that being said it was one hell of a jab

Comment

the two best jabs I've seen IMO are Michael Spinks and Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                the two best jabs I've seen IMO are Michael Spinks and Marvin Hagler.
                I think you may have a point. Nobody really mentions those two when it comes to jabs but I suppose you're right if you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                X