Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Beristain: It Was Painful To Watch Mares Get KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho Beristain: It Was Painful To Watch Mares Get KO'd

Trainer Nacho Beristain had mixed emotions when he saw Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs) stop Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) in the first round of their fight on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Nacho, who currently trains Gonzalez, is the former trainer for Mares and the two of them were very close. During the first round action, Gonzalez caught Mares with his big left hand to send him down once. And then it didn't take long for Gonzalez to drop him hard for a second time to reclaim the WBC featherweight crown.

[Click Here To Read More]

You know you enjoyed it

Comment

I believe you, Nacho. Trainers never forget their fighters, but fighters obviously don't give a **** about trainers and change them like underwear (Cottolike).

Comment

I think Mares is gonna have a tough time rebounding from this. He has a limited skill set and relies heavily on that blood-n-guts warrior crap. His sense of invincibility is gone. He might consider going back to Nacho to help him become a lil more defensively responsible.

Comment

Nacho is a class act

Nacho might be boxing best trainer. Freddy a distant 2nd and Virgil Hunter 134th and Cleverly's dad 123,456 th

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
            Nacho might be boxing best trainer. Freddy a distant 2nd and Virgil Hunter 134th and Cleverly's dad 123,456 th
            boxing trainers get to much hate or to much credit .. but virgil hunter 134th lol! funny **** !

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              He might consider going back to Nacho to help him become a lil more defensively responsible.
              I've always felt that Mares should have never left him in the first place.

Comment

I'm starting a crowd funding project.

Let's pay Mares enough to go back with Nacho.

Mares needs a real trainer if he's gonna make it with big punchers at 126.

is there any other trainer that goes to fights as an underdog and his fighters give such good performances?

If I was a boxer i would break the bank to train with Nacho

in his speech, Jhonny specifically credited preparation and Nacho's strategy. they knew exactly how to hit Mares, much like JMM knew how to fake Pac into that 3rd round ko and the "lucky" punch

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I think Mares is gonna have a tough time rebounding from this. He has a limited skill set and relies heavily on that blood-n-guts warrior crap. His sense of invincibility is gone. He might consider going back to Nacho to help him become a lil more defensively responsible.
                  I agree. I saw Mares as a vastly overrated boxer, but if Nacho reconnected with him, he'd have a chance to become the legitimate best at 126....as long as Mikey is nowhere to be seen.

Comment

It's funny how fast a fighter gets **** on after a loss. It's as if they never did anything the second they lose. It's sad boxing fans are so cruel.

Comment

Working...
                    X