No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Tabs Virgil Hunter To Replace Freddie Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Tabs Virgil Hunter To Replace Freddie Roach

Former WBC junior welterweight champion Amir Khan has asked WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward’s trainer to replace Hall-of-Famer Freddie Roach.

Khan has asked Virgil Hunter to train him from now on as he tries to regain his bearings after an embarrassing 4th round TKO loss in a WBC/WBA title fight against Danny Garcia last July 14.

[Click Here To Read More]

message from roach to amir khan

Comment

Decent I guess.

Comment

Uhhhh hmmmm... Don't really know Virgil Hunters style or ability as a trainer... I feel that Ward is like FMJ a boxing genius that is gifted in multiple aspects of the fight game. A trainer is more of a advice coach or someone to hold the pads. But in the ring they do their own adjustments.
        With that said I don't know what Khan will get from this relationship, he doesn't have the natural skills that those two have so I hope he isn't thinking Hunter can make him as good as Ward in the ring. I hope this works for him, not a big khan fan but he is fun to watch in the ring. Fast and active fighter who looks really really funny when he is rocked and knocked out.

Comment

no more trainer of the year award for you virgil...

Comment

Damn did not see this coming but good to see Virgil getting work,fresh new face

Comment

Originally posted by Larryxxx View Post
              Damn did not see this coming but good to see Virgil getting work,fresh new face
              Are you a Khan fan now all of a sudden because he's no longer linked to Pac?

Comment

I like Virgil Hunter and feel he will add some versatility to Khan's game. Roach dissed Khan when he said "I like Amir but they should keep him away from punchers." Sounds like Freddie is saying that nothing is going to fix a glass jaw.

Comment

Different trainer, same chin

Comment

LOL Khan going to be yacking soon about how his new trainer really clicks with him, and he feels powerful and his defense is improved remarkably. Then he'll get KO'd again. Time for another switcheroo.

Khan is like one of those dancing balloon men they put on top of businesses:

Last edited by samouraï; 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X