No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Talks Tourney, Peterson-Matthysse, Garcia, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Talks Tourney, Peterson-Matthysse, Garcia, More

Amir Khan is looking to be the last man standing in Golden Boy Promotions' proposed internal 140-pound tournament. Khan faces Julio Diaz in Sheffield on April 27. WBA/WBC champ Danny Garcia takes on Zab Judah, also on April 27, and Lucas Matthysse is set to face IBF champ Lamont Peterson on May 18th, with the winners then battling each other for the right to fight Khan.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fascinating, even khan thinks Judah is a 3-4 round fighter

Comment

lol..

if i understand this article right.. how are champions fighting elite contenders (semi in judah's case) fighting each other for a CHANCE to face a glass jaw, who's done nothing to prove he deserves another shot at a belt?? no wonder HBO dropped GBP..

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
        if i understand this article right.. how are champions fighting elite contenders (semi in judah's case) fighting each other for a CHANCE to face a glass jaw, who's done nothing to prove he deserves another shot at a belt?? no wonder HBO dropped GBP..
        I definitely agree with u, how the Fu*kk Is Khan supposed to be the golden egg? When he has been beat by 2 of the contenders already. I hope one of these guys knock the socks off of Khan, he's so annoying.

Comment

There is no reason that kahn should be at the end of this tourney(if it is a tourney). If he needs to starve himself then why even consider him for this? Loses too peterson and garcia so in other words if you lose 50 % of your last four fights your entitled to a title shot? ......awsome

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
            How can you be this ignorant about how boxing works. Sure beating another fighter can bring in more money and fans, but beating someone isn't everything. Khan is the biggest draw at 140 regardless of his loss to Garcia (peterson was a n/c if I recall). It's not earning a shot for khan as it's earning a big money fight at the end of it all. Whoever comes out on top gets a fight with Khan (he is motivated by taking the easy road and having to only prove himself once) and a big cheque for doing so.

You have 2 140lb champions Garcia and Peterson, one former champ in Judah, and another top contender in Matthysse. These are great fights and you really should be ****ing grateful that finally we will see the top fighters fighting each other 140 if it all goes as planned.

Comment

Lol Great, winner of the tourney gets to beat the sht outta Khan for some big bucks.

Comment

LOL at Khan talking about Matthysse.

Comment

........Smdh

Comment

Stop bellyaching. The top 140's are going to fight each other and whoever is at the top of the pile will deserve to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X