Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the Floyd fans NOT in support of the Alexander fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I'm against it. But you may see me defending it for other reasons.
    Not the fight it self, but the stupid reasons people are giving to why it sucks.

My reason is this, Devon needs to beat Brook first because there's still bad tastes in people's mouths about his decisions over Kotelnyk and Matthysse. So he's still in his redeeming phase right now. That's why I don't want o see this fight, he still has to prove himself at WW. Bailey and Maidana are good starts, but not good enough to jump straight to a Floyd fight.

I see people saying this fight is bad because Floyd is bigger, Floyd should KO him or else he sucks, this fight sucks because Guerrero is a better fighter than Devon. No, no, and no. All false. Guerrero is a better fight than Devon, not a better fighter, they are equal. Guerrero is a better fight, because he's also coming off two good wins and does not have the shady decisions like Devon.
    I agree with everything you said. But my only thing is Guerrero hasn't fought the competition that Devon Alexander has so we can't really compare.

Guerrero hasn't fought a guy on the level of a Lucas Matthysse

Guerrero hasn't fought a guy on the level of Timothy Bradley.

These are two of the 30 best fighters in the world today.

So how can we penalize Devon for not looking good against these top notch elite fighters but praise Guerrero and label him the more proven battle tested fighter in return?

Guerrero was in the right place at the right time. Nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      The main thing I don't respect about this fight if it happens is how ****ing shady they did it. Brook got seriously screwed out of a title shot. Plus Devon isn't exciting at all. No one can deny the outcome is already determined on this one. It wasn't a fight the fans were calling for at all. He doesn't bring any money to the table like Guerrero would.
      inaccurate information. IBF said Devon's belt goes to Brook if this fight happens so really Brook is getting a gift

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        inaccurate information. IBF said Devon's belt goes to Brook if this fight happens so really Brook is getting a gift
        You seriously think Brook or any other fighter wants to get a title like that?

Comment

• I'm a big fan and at this point I think he should just retire. This hurts his legacy IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            You seriously think Brook or any other fighter wants to get a title like that?
            probably not but it's no fault of Brooks and nobody would rip him, his promoter just said "we are in a great situation right now" because they know the belt is theirs if this Floyd fight goes down

Comment

Working...
            X