No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to get a Green Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to get a Green Card

I was thinking the other day about living and working in the states, as I had a great time on a work trip to New York earlier in the year.

But getting a green card to the states is like ****ing impossible

I have a Masters degree, work in job which is pretty high demand, a good work history, own my own house and have good money in the bank, no criminal convictions, basically i'm a self sufficient and productive member of society

Can I have a green card?

No, **** off.

It just seems strange considering I got granted a work visa for Australia with the understanding I was eligable to apply for perminant residence after two years of work there.

I declined for now, but might take it up, but why is it that australia will be happy to take me, but i'm not good enough for america when I KNOW they let a lot less valuable people flood in through the borders.

I wanted to come to america and become a biased yank, but they said no!

You mustn't work a job that USA deems 'high demand'.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      You mustn't work a job that USA deems 'high demand'.

Even with that there is employer sponsorship for a lot of money and a long string of hoops to jump through.

Comment

So why would u want to move to the US if youre so well off?

Its as hard as getting a gun legally in NYC

Comment

**** the states, I would've chosen Australia all day every day. Hot, beatiful, nice people and the far east so very very close

Comment

Australia needs immigration(To an extent), whereas America has an oversaturation of them. I'm sure there are also benefits from Australia being a Commonwealth, so you'd get privileges.

Comment

Because the United States is just that bad azz. I've heard others trying to get here with no success.

Comment

You think it's easy to get a green card in any first world nation? You can already live and work in any EU country without a visa, stop whining. It's 100x worse for Americans.

Comment

join an American dating site make the first American girl you meet fall in love with you then propose to her and if she says yes then you're half way there.

Comment

The US is in a pretty bad shape. People are unhappy, money is harder to make or save, and there is inflation. Also there is risk of getting shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X