No announcement yet.

Good Guys vs Bad Guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Guys vs Bad Guys

When it comes to a person's characters, who do you guys prefer? I feel like I'm the only one that roots for the bad guys. I've always favored the villains in anything. Everybody wants to see the good guys win because everybody loves a happy ending or they just want to see good prevail. But here's my thing with "good" guys. They just seem very fake in my opinion. I mean, they put on this show in front of cameras to seem so correct in every way. They are just so bland. They say what they are supposed to say rather than what they really feel. I feel like they have a script and just memorize and read off it. And every good guys reads from that same script and words it in some different way.

Which is why I've always favored people or characters like Eminem, Scarface, Floyd Mayweather, Nick Diaz, Lex Luther. They are just more real. And because of that, they are portrayed as bad. They say what they want to say. What they feel. They don't sugar coat anything. These people have usually have intriguing personalities which is rooted to a story. And to me, they just seem more...human. Unlike the robots that read from the same scripts. Ironically, the bad guys are the ones considered inhumane.

And another thing. If good prevails, then the story ends. If the bad prevails, the story continues. Maybe I'm just a guy who doesn't want the story to end. Eventually a story must end, but I'm just that guy who wants to enjoy the ride a little longer.

I almost always root for the bad guys because from a character perspective they're always far more interesting, complicated, and cerebral.

Comment

One of my favorite bad guy scene
      of all times...

Comment

for me... it depends on the script... and the actor's performance... (and image perhaps?)

if it was tom cruise playing tony montana in scarface, i would have likely rooted against him...

i remember michael douglas' character on the film "falling down"... i dunno about you, but i found him sympathetic enough that i rooted for him getting some sort of redemption towards the end...

wow, great performance for michael douglas on that one...

Comment

I watch gangsta flicks, and root for the bad guy, and turn it of before it ends because the bad guy die.......

Comment

Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen.

The guy that wasn't Snipes in Undisputed.

Darth Maul.

Comment

Snake plisken

Comment

I'll let the goat speak for me in this topic...

"Check it out
                When I'm chillin, I grab the buddha, get my crew to buy beers
                And watch a flick, illin and root for the villian, huh"

Comment

Working...
                X