Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Miquel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito & undercards RbR and discussion thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    I think Cotto would beat him again, even if no eye injury. He has the blueprint on how to beat him now. Lateral movement, pot shot him, get out before he gets hit back, and push him...don't allow him to pressure.

His plan was great. He could have dug more to the body and a few other minor things, but looking back at his mistakes in the 1st fight, he didn't stand and trade with a volume puncher. Gotta keep moving, turning Tony so he can't get any good power shots off.

He didn't allow Tony to stalk him..he had Tony confused. Tony did get some good shots in though, Cotto's face looks pretty bad, but again, i say he's got the blueprint on how to beat him, irregardless of the eye. Tony has one style and he'll never change it. Come forward and throw volume. His defence sucks, and he never was much of a true boxer.
    I feel you, even without the eye injury Cotto had a great gameplan, i'm just saying that without the eye a rematch is more interesting then watching Marg's eye get broken down again. Cotto did have the perfect gameplan, but i believe more then anything else, his conditioning was what won him the night. He was able to do for 12 rounds what he could only keep up for 6 in the first fight.

At the same time, I honestly believe that somewhere deep down inside, Marg himself was worried about that eye. He seemed like he was more focused on protecting it then fighting his fight early on.

Comment

• Smoger was letting Cotto pull Margarito's head down a lot, sometimes halfway across the ring. I thought that was a little weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoooter View Post
        Smoger was letting Cotto pull Margarito's head down a lot, sometimes halfway across the ring. I thought that was a little weird.
        Smoger also didn't break up any clinches, he's a referee that'll stay out of the way unless it's very necessary, that's the kind of referee's boxing needs.

Comment

• Amazing fight put on by Cotto I party hard for two straight days after that victory. Sweet revenge was served cold and Cotto made Maregarito his ***** he played target practice with that cheater.

Comment

Working...
          X