Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMFIRMED!! Murilo Bustamante in the GP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMFIRMED!! Murilo Bustamante in the GP!

Pride has just confirmed few minutes ago the former UFC champion Murilo Bustamante as the name who will substitute Ricardo Arona in the up comming GP. The decision came after a whole day of negotiation between Murilo, his manager Marcelo Tetel (by phone), the Brazilian Top Team representative in Japan (Miss Motoko) and the Pride's president. The deal is that Murilo will fight Quinton Jackson next August 10th, and, if he wins, he'll be back in November to the second part of the tournament (Final Conflict).The contract still seeks Murilo's in future editions of Pride, fighting in the same category than Wanderlei Silva.

Right after the confirmation, Murilo declared to us: "Let's go, I will do my best. I don't know if I gonna be able to beat the "big black guy", but if I win, nobody will handle me", made a joke about his opponent, the tough guy Quinton Jackson, who is considerated one of the hardest fighters in the card. While waiting for the Pride's decision, Murilo did new training (about 1hour and a half), proving that he is in a good shape.

Murilo´s manager believes that the fact that he didn't have enough time to get ready, may become an advantage to Murilo. "He is a really hard working's athlete and a very dedicated professional. Even though not specifically for the Pride, he has been training everyday. Truly is that Murilo is relaxed and didn't suffer the whole psychological pressure before the event. We believe him", reveals Marcelo Tetel, who is about to travel to Japan. Ricardo Arona, who got injuried and declined the fight, will be in Murilo's corner.

Murilo def. Rampage by Sub Round 2

"I don't know if I gonna be able to beat the "big black guy", but if I win, nobody will handle me"

Does that include Saku and SIlva as well as Liddell (who already beat him)?

Confidence is good, cocky can backfire.

Comment

Gp just got alot easier for Rampage......

Comment

Murilo has been in there with Liddell(match who I think he won) and Tom Erikson who is one of the strongest fighters in the world.

Busta can do it

Comment

I say they should switch the brackets. Have Rampage Vs. Silva and Busta Vs. Saku in the first round......

Comment

I have a good feeling that Busta will win...and Im not really a Busta fan

Comment

this is rampage's tournament!
              well it was

this is just pride gettin back at him for saying all that **** about how pride doesn't like him cause he is black.

it was all a set up

Comment

LOL @ VTC

Comment

Awesome news, to me this tourney just got a lot better.

I really don't know who to pick right now....

Comment

I think Rampage has a WAAAY better chance against Busta then Arona. I think Arona would have beat Q-jack but think that Q-jack will pound on Busta from the gaurd for the decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X