This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Yes, remember that the Bible wasn't written through just one person. It was written by 40 men over 1600 years in different parts of the world, from different walks of life, some rich, some poor yet many of which did not have access to the other's writings, yet fits together as if written by one person because as the word says
    So God decided that the most efficient way of communicating with humanity is to chat with 40 men (why no women?) for 1600 years? Then eventually, those books would be brought together. Then eventually the Bible (with stuff left out by the editor) would find its way across the seas.
    And then what? People would read it and know its the truth? No. For thousands of years humanity has debated it continuously, and apologists have to refer to other books to argue for its authenticity.
    And still, in 2014, no great conclusion has been reached. Many people still have never heard of it, and know nothing about Jesus. It still hasn't been translated into every language.
    Doesnt seem like the work of an all powerful God to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      So God decided that the most efficient way of communicating with humanity is to chat with 40 men (why no women?) for 1600 years? Then eventually, those books would be brought together. Then eventually the Bible (with stuff left out by the editor) would find its way across the seas.
      And then what? People would read it and know its the truth? No. For thousands of years humanity has debated it continuously, and apologists have to refer to other books to argue for its authenticity.
      And still, in 2014, no great conclusion has been reached. Many people still have never heard of it, and know nothing about Jesus. It still hasn't been translated into every language.
      Doesnt seem like the work of an all powerful God to me.
      You are not God. Our ways are not His ways.

Comment

No ****.
        His ways dont make any sense to me. And i have very strong reasons for doubting his existence. And because of this, i deserve to be punished in hell? Makes no sense.

Comment

Given that I haven't committed genocide on an unprecedented scale by flooding a planet in a fit of pique like in your storybook I suppose my way isn't.

My way is better. If someone I don't know pisses me off I tend to call them a **** under my breath and then get on with my day rather than destroy their whole town with fire or maybe kidnap them for an eternity of torture. It's just that very human sense of proportionality.

Comment

• He gave those places to the people of Israel for an inheritance because they are the nation who would bring forth the Savior of mankind. God commanded them to be killed because He knew that they would continually attack and harass the people of Israel. Israel didn't always obey God in that respect which is why we have people like the Palestineans who attack and harass them continually.

Comment

He gave those places to the people of Israel for an inheritance because they are the nation who would bring forth the Savior of mankind. God commanded them to be killed because He knew that they would continually attack and harass the people of Israel. Israel didn't always obey God in that respect which is why we have people like the Palestineans who attack and harass them continually.
              We can add current affairs to the list of things you don't understand.

Comment

• 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
                22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
                23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
                24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
                25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
                26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
                27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Comment

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
                  22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
                  23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
                  24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
                  25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
                  26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
                  27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
                  And here we have six missing Death Eaters... three dead in my service. One, too cowardly to return... he will pay. One, who I believe has left me for ever... he will be killed, of course... and one who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already re-entered my service.

Comment

• I'm glad to be a follower of Jesus Christ and that His shed blood is sufficient to wash away my sins. That's the only thing that can make you clean. All other ways lead to hell.

Comment

I'm glad to be a follower of Jesus Christ and that His shed blood is sufficient to wash away my sins. That's the only thing that can make you clean. All other ways lead to hell.
                      Haven't you been raptured or found a boyfriend yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X