Nathan Cleverly's BoxRec rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Cleverly's BoxRec rank

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?countr...us=A&SUBMIT=Go

Is there another champion in this sport today that ranks third in their respective country's rankings without the other two fighters above him being world champions also?

Must be a rarity!!!

Comment

Must be a rare Boxrec mistake.....Nathan has beaten Bellew and Bellew has beaten Ovill M. Either that or the Boxrec boys really don't rate Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
        Must be a rare Boxrec mistake.....Nathan has beaten Bellew and Bellew has beaten Ovill M. Either that or the Boxrec boys really don't rate Nathan.
        I think Boxrec have a points based system.. not sure what the system is but if you dont fight top guys for a while you slip down lol

It's deserved if you ask me. I dont rate Bellew that highly but Hearns been keeping him moving up the ladder and Clev has just been slipping down it.

Whats annoying i actually dont think Cleverly is that bad. He might not be world champ level but he could hold his own against a lot of guys in the division.

Comment

He's definitely slipped off my radar in the last two years.

Comment

agree with the ranking's but cleverly's position is down to warren not keeping him active imo. he's a good boxer aswell is nathan and i fully expect him to have kept himself in some sort of shape over the xmas and start of the year , i might get linched for this but i think he has the best chance of beating hopkin's if they do ever square off , his style is all bad for hopkin's.first off his workrate would definitely make hopkin's feel his age and that's no disrespect.secondly we all know nathan is a smart guy which help's for alot when facing a smart old foe like hopkin's.and last of all , we all know that nathan in some part's of his fight's he like's to see who's got the bigger set ball's well he could do this with hopkin's as we all know hopkin's don't pack that punch that's gonna ko you.

Comment

The rankings are based on who they've beaten (where they were ranked on BoxRec) and method of victory.

Either way, Bellew's had less fights and as many KOs and McKenzie has last more than 50% of his total fights. I know their rankings aren't that credible but it says something when a world champion who's defended his belt 4 times ranks lower than a journeyman and contender.

I'd say Cleverly's workrate is his best asset and he could cause Hopkins some trouble with it but he's that poor in other areas, I still see the ageing Hopkins beating him.

Comment

Working...
              X