Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward/Gennady Golovkin @168 who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward/Gennady Golovkin @168 who wins?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall Golovkin saying after his fight with Proska he would fight anyone from Floyd @154 to Ward @168.

Who wins? I'd like this fight to happen sometime in the future.

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall Golovkin saying after his fight with Proska he would fight anyone from Floyd @154 to Ward @168.

Who wins? I'd like this fight to happen sometime in the future.
    Your high on HYPE, no one on the planet can beat a healthy Andre Ward @ 168. GGG couldnt even KO the smaller Rosado. These threads are sad, hope its the last one we see. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Howie View Post
      Your high on HYPE, no one on the planet can beat a healthy Andre Ward @ 168. GGG couldnt even KO the smaller Rosado. These threads are sad, hope its the last one we see. . .
      agreed i think the only one who beats ward is a prime Roy Jones. No one else

Comment

Ward makes him look like a fool, and posibly stops his ass

Comment

I think Ward wins, GGG hasn't even proven himself at 160. But I'm not gona g owild and say Ward stops him, dismantles him etc. I think GGG will be bale to provide pressure and his power should carry up and make Andre think twice but Ward comes out with a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
            agreed i think the only one who beats ward is a prime Roy Jones. No one else

Comment

GGG is a beast but I think he's too small for 168, he should avoid it at all costs and focus on 160. We still need to see him vs a legit MW too, he's been able to overpower his opponents and walk through their punches like nothing, however how would he react to a bigger puncher? I can't see him willingly getting hit by a big puncher such as Quillin, or bodying him up, there's a big chance it'd change GGG's style.

I think Wards movement, inside game and raw strength would give Golovkin hell and allow Ward to win quite easily. Ward has overpowered guys like Abraham, Froch, Dawson, Kessler etc very powerful guys that can all hit harder than any MW. This is a guy that voluntarily fought at LHW in the Olympics and won gold vs some very good fighters.

GGG's power may not carry over either at SMW if he moves up, Abraham was destroying guys at MW, check out the Khoren Gevor KO, or Pavlik as well check out his KO of Zertuche, Miranda too. These guys had 1 punch KO at 160 and when they moved up it was gone.

Comment

I'd like to see it! Split the difference at 164lbs and a 18' ring, non of this 22 to 24' foot ring. Its not tennis its boxing! Fights that have a punchers chance are always intriquing!!
                first does GGG punch move a top caliber fighter
                second can the top caliber take a punch from someone who's supposed to be a puncher?

I want to see match ups that have real "interest" to them. Screw whose a belt holder or has the fantastic blown up record!

160--175 Sergio, Dawson, GGG, Ward etc. line these guys up then match them and ring the damn bell! The promoters always make money when the product is good! Theres never been a shortage of fighters either. Great oners yes...................but then again the public doesn't know great anyways!
                They can recognize personality however so use Wards ability to speak along with box. Use GGG smile and engaging persona to draw all sports fans in. Use Sergio need to be recognized like a movie star it will all be good and promo is what the sport needs not the negative crap its been dealing with for the past 20 years!! Ray.

Comment

GGG comes at him with relentless pressure that Ward has never dealt with before, and GGG beats him.

Comment

Ward, probably by early stoppage.

Not sure why this superman hype is around after the Rosado fight.

I've never seen hype to the extent where people call getting hit "methodical".

GGG is good, not on Martinez level, but pretty good. He aint beating the best at 160 easily, nevermind the best at 168 and elite of the sport.

Maybe this is just trolling and im falling for it again

Comment

Working...
                    X