Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley Indirectly Admits That He Lost To Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Bradley Indirectly Admits That He Lost To Manny Pacquiao?

Talking about Brandon Rios in a recent Boxing Scene article, Bradley had this to say:

“Top Rank’s plans are to put him in there with Pacquiao, but nobody really knows what this kid can do if he fights a fighter like myself,” Bradley would state. “Beating Alvarado, I don’t think that proves he’s ready. But like I said, he’s a good fighter, but I think he needs to fight somebody like myself before he even steps in the ring to fight Pacquiao.”

Thats an indirect admission by Bradley that he felt Pacquiao beat him. He's suggesting that if Rios can't beat him there's no way that he beats Pacquiao. Which, in simple terms, equates to "Pacquiao beat me, if you can't beat me, you can't beat Pacquiao".

Sure, it's triangle theory by Timmy, but an interesting admission nonetheless. It appears as if he's finally accepted that Pacquiao defeated him, even if he hasn't all-out blatantly admitted it just yet.
    Yes, Bradley indirectly admitted he lost
    44.44%
    No, I don't think he indirectly admitted that
    50.00%
    Maybe he did admit it, maybe he didn't...
    5.56%

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Talking about Brandon Rios in a recent Boxing Scene article, Bradley had this to say:

“Top Rank’s plans are to put him in there with Pacquiao, but nobody really knows what this kid can do if he fights a fighter like myself,” Bradley would state. “Beating Alvarado, I don’t think that proves he’s ready. But like I said, he’s a good fighter, but I think he needs to fight somebody like myself before he even steps in the ring to fight Pacquiao.”

Thats an indirect admission by Bradley that he felt Pacquiao beat him. He's suggesting that if Rios can't beat him there's no way that he beats Pacquiao. Which, in simple terms, equates to "Pacquiao beat me, if you can't beat me, you can't beat Pacquiao".

Sure, it's triangle theory by Timmy, but an interesting admission nonetheless. It appears as if he's finally accepted that Pacquiao defeated him, even if he hasn't all-out blatantly admitted it just yet.
    I rather see him fight rios than pac again. I don't think it is an admission rather the guy is trying to save a big fight for him. What else can he do.

Comment

he knows he lost, and so do 90% of people, that's why he's so desperate for a rematch, silence the critics, prove the world, he's got his competitive juices flowing

anway, if they rematch(soon hopefully, before pac gets too old) and pacquiao actually comes in shape, bradley's gonna get shut out even worse, they'll probabley have to stop it

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
        I rather see him fight rios than pac again. I don't think it is an admission rather the guy is trying to save a big fight for him. What else can he do.
        I think if he felt he truly beat Pacquiao he wouldn't be talking in that tone. He would have said "Why fight Pacquiao when you can come fight the true champ for the title." Or something along those lines. But instead Bradley seems to be talking as if he feels he's second to Pacquiao as a fighter (not just as a star).

To me, from his statement, it seems pretty clear that Bradley believes Pacquiao is a superior fighter to him, and by extension it would mean he acknowledges he lost the fight against him.

Comment

Bradley is jealous of rios because hes getting the pac payday and not him. Rios/Pac will be a million times more entertaining than the borefest that was Bradley/Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            I think if he felt he truly beat Pacquiao he wouldn't be talking in that tone. He would have said "Why fight Pacquiao when you can come fight the true champ for the title." Or something along those lines. But instead Bradley seems to be talking as if he feels he's second to Pacquiao as a fighter (not just as a star).

To me, from his statement, it seems pretty clear that Bradley believes Pacquiao is a superior fighter to him, and by extension it would mean he believes he lost the fight against him.
            Thats how everyone is treating it. What can bradely do if nobody agrees with him. He has already stated he thought he won and would gladly fight Pac again to prove it but he needs a good exposure fight to get him back out there. I think it is more like stooping low letting go of some of that pride to beg for a fight than admitting he lost.

Comment

Feel kind of bad for Tim. He didn't ask for the robbery the (obviously corrupt) judges put him in a really crap position.

Comment

I didn't see any admittance at all, I just see Bradley trying to make his name relevant again by marketing himself after a controversy...

Comment

I tend to agree with the op. Bradley, through his comments, is inherently setting Pacquiao above himself as a fighter. Not something a proud champion that knew he was better would do.

Comment

Any way you look at things Pac is 1-1 in his last 2 fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X