No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout, Lara Differ On Who Will Fight And Who Will Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trout, Lara Differ On Who Will Fight And Who Will Run

Fighters like Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara are special breeds in that they both act upon claims of their willingness to take on all comers, when many others in and around the super welterweight division have avoided the two at all costs. In part, it would explain they’ve agreed to face each other on December 7 in Brooklyn, New York.

You would think from such similar bravery would come a common bond. However, their Showtime-televised bout, which serves as the co-feature to the all-Brooklyn clash between Zab Judah and Paul Malignaggi, has developed into a grudge match where they can’t seem – or don’t want – to agree on any given topic. [Click Here To Read More]

Trout is gonna run his ass back to New Mexico after the fight

Comment

I can't imagine Trout outboxing Lara. I expect Trout to be the aggressor as that is his only chance to win. If the fight is slow paced and fought on the outside Lara will pick him apart and win on points.

Trout's best bet is to score points with "activity"

Comment

I believe this fight is very important to Lara's career. I've got my fingers crossed. It won't be easy.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how they mix in the ring, I think it will probably be a pretty decent fight. Both guys are boxers and Lara is a counter puncher but neither guy really has great defense so I think both guys will have opportunities to land good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I can't imagine Trout outboxing Lara. I expect Trout to be the aggressor as that is his only chance to win. If the fight is slow paced and fought on the outside Lara will pick him apart and win on points.

Good point. Landy tends to be on the thin side. It's my biggest gripe with him. Lara needs to step up his activity.

Comment

Great match-up.

Comment

I think this fight will have more action than Rigo-Donaire. What made Rigo-Donaire fun was the intensity and not knowing what was gonna happen in the ring.

This one will be fun cause it's two of the best guys in the division and will have slightly more action. That's just what I think.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Good point. Landy tends to be on the thin side. It's my biggest gripe with him. Lara needs to step up his activity.
                  I agree. Lara has good power, when he wants to throw. He can get very stingy with his power. Trout has ZERO power but is very athletic and has a good jab along with decent boxing skills. He is a big junior middleweight as well

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

I agree that his best strategy is activity, but he better be careful about flicking the jab out lazily just to be active. Lara will shoot the left on him.

It will probably be a close fight where neither guy holds a clear advantage over the other. I'm just hoping for no controversy.

Comment

Working...
                    X